Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Business Partner
at Volunteers of America
The primary purpose of the HR Business Partner to provide efficient administration of Human Resources, resulting in policy and legal compliance and ultimately the delivery of exceptional internal customer service. The Human Resource Business Partner is responsible for managing the personnel functions of the facility as outlined in the Human Resource Reference Manual. With consultation from the Executive Director and Regional Human Resources Manager provides oversight for compliance with applicable state and federal labor laws.
This is a 40 hour per week position. Approximately 16 hours per week supporting our Assisted Living facility in Montrose. Remaining time spent on projects and support functions as determine by the Hiring Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversee the maintenance of the employee personnel files and ensure compliance with State mandated regulations; enroll new employees in benefits plans and provide benefits orientation; coordinate with staffing and payroll to ensure accurate paychecks and benefit deductions; notifies Corporate Human Resources of separations to initiate benefits continuation materials correspondence; process status changes. Complete monthly audits of personnel file compliance, including FMLA, personal leave, performance evaluations, I-9's and background checks. Update HRIS to ensure tracking is in place.
- Maintain data files and documentation of Human Resources materials including: policies and procedures, standard manuals, employee handbooks, job descriptions, new employee packages, benefit plan documents, affirmative action plans and automated training files. Distribute as directed.
- Respond to employee benefits questions; communicate with vendors and maintain documentation of issues and resolution; refer issues to corporate office as necessary.
- Maintain inventory of Human Resource supplies.
- File and organize various Human Resources materials and documentation.
- Coordinate the annual election benefits process, as directed by the Regional HR Manager.
- Ensure compliance with standard policies and procedures.
- Communicate policies, new processes and programs as directed by the Executive Director and/or Regional HR Manager.
- Work with each Department Manager on recruiting; assist with the process of posting opening internally and placement of ads, job fairs and other recruiting resources; ensure all Department Managers are equipped with interview questions that focus on the essential functions of the position. Conduct interviews as necessary
- Oversee the staffing function; coordinate with staffing personnel and department managers in the hiring process.
- Oversee the Workers' Compensation practices. Ensure that all injuries are reported in a timely fashion and that each claim is thoroughly investigated by the Supervisor and all information is entered into the HRIS. Work with the injured employee, the Supervisor and Workers' Comp. representative to ensure there is no lost time, if possible, and create a work hardening program. Complete and submit weekly Workers' Compensation Report to Regional HR Manager.
- Ensure that the Affirmative Action Plan is implemented and systems are in place to track all applicants, interviews and hires. All annual compliance reports are completed on time.
- Develops and implements a plan for recruitment of new employees for all departments.
- Composes, places and monitors advertising for open positions;
- Maintains an in-house job announcement board;
- Attends local job fairs and other appropriate community functions.
- Performs initial screening of potential employees:
- Completes initial interview;
- Contacts former employers for reference checks;
- Verifies employment eligibility;
- Makes other verification's as necessary, i.e., license/certification, driving record, medical records, criminal history checks, etc.
- Provides new employees with general orientation and instructions on handbook interpretation.
- Establishes personnel records for new employees; maintains a system for keeping all personnel files current and assures confidentiality of records.
- Maintains current job descriptions and revises as necessary with input from department heads.
- Demonstrates current knowledge in human resources and employment law. Provides updates of changes in human resources policies or procedures to staff when notified by Director of Human Resources - Field.
- Provides consultation and oversight of compliance to policies in the Human Resources Reference Manual to assure consistent interpretation of personnel policies across departments.
- Pay-for-Performance system, including performance review system;
- Benefits administration;
- Leave of Absence requests and corresponding follow-up;
- Disciplinary action and terminations;
- Grievance procedure.
- Monitors compliance with State, Federal and local labor laws; completes and maintains appropriate records; and represents the facility at any required hearings.
- Wage and hour;
- Unemployment insurance;
- Coordinates Worker's Compensation claims.
- Reviews employee incident reports and initiates first report of injury, where appropriate;
- Follows up on active claims with both the employee and the insurance carrier;
- Monitors loss run reports;
- Assists in establishing return to work programs;
- Participates in the Safety Committee program;
- Maintains an understanding of effective ergonomics and makes recommendations for training and equipment needs.
- Conducts exit interviews and assures appropriate documentation is completed upon termination.
- Conducts training programs on personnel issues for staff on an ongoing basis.
- Participates as a team member of the Quality Council.
- Provides consultation to facility on an ongoing basis.
- Sets up and reviews personnel systems;
- Serves as a resource for facility's Executive Director and staff.
- Coordinates employee recognition programs.
- Gathers turnover data and completes salary surveys.
- Serves as a resource to employees seeking assistance programs.
- Attends required in-services & completes assign on-line modules
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Regional HR Manager.
- Certification or degree in Human Resources, organizational development or comparable personnel training and experience.
- Minimum two (2) years Human Resources and/or administrative experience, preferably in a health care environment.
- Extensive knowledge of personnel/employee relations to include payroll, benefits, wage and salary administration, recruitment and selection, unemployment compensation, worker's compensation, EEO and affirmative action.
- Working knowledge of basic administrative, clerical, accounting and computer functions. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail and Internet.
- Broad knowledge of Federal and State laws, rules, regulations and guidelines relating to employment.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects to a deadline.
- Well-developed oral and written communication, facilitation and presentation skills. Ability to maintain confidentiality and to coach and counsel staff effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills; consumer focused.
- Attentive to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- High degree of professionalism; able to deal with extremely confidential information. Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality in performing all aspects of position.
- Works well independently and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. Ability to prepare written correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but un-involved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
To Apply: http://www.jobs.net/j/JNXQOuTi