Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HR Coordinator /Nursing Scheduler
at Volunteers of America
Westchester Senior Living is a premier living and health care campus providing a variety of options and a continuity of care for our community including delightfully spacious, sensibly planned assisted-living apartments allowing as much independence and activity as a person is able in a lovely garden setting. We are also proud to announce the newest addition to our campus, Tivoli Manor, which provides the much needed service of Memory Support Assisted Living.
We are seeking a full-time HR Coordinator /Nursing Scheduler for our skilled nursing facility who is compassionate, caring and reliable to join our team.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package which includes: medical, dental, vision, company paid life insurance, voluntary life insurance, voluntary short term disability, flexible spending account, 403b with company contributions, legal plan, discount prescription drug program and employee discount program.
The primary purpose of the HR Coordinator to provide efficient administration of Human Resources, resulting in policy and legal compliance and ultimately the delivery of exceptional internal customer service. The Human Resource Coordinator is responsible for managing the personnel functions of the facility as outlined in the Human Resource Reference Manual. With consultation from the Executive Director and Regional Human Resources Manager provides oversight for compliance with applicable state and federal labor laws.
- Certification or degree in Human Resources, organizational development or comparable personnel training and experience.
- Minimum two (2) years Human Resources and/or Healthcare Staffing experience.
- Extensive knowledge of personnel/employee relations to include payroll, benefits, wage and salary administration, recruitment and selection, unemployment compensation, worker's compensation, EEO and affirmative action.
- Working knowledge of basic administrative, clerical, accounting and computer functions. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail and Internet.
- Broad knowledge of Federal and State laws, rules, regulations and guidelines relating to employment.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects to a deadline.
- Well-developed oral and written communication, facilitation and presentation skills. Ability to maintain confidentiality and to coach and counsel staff effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills; consumer focused.
- Attentive to detail.