Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Staff Development/Infection Prevention
at Volunteers of America
DIRECTOR OF STAFF DEVELOPMENT/INFECTION PREVENTION
Maplewood Care Center is owned and operated by Volunteers of America, a non-profit faith based organization. Our skilled nursing facility is home to transitional care, memory support, and long-term care residents.
Maplewood Care Center is looking for hands-on and energetic Director of Staff Development /Infection Prevention who combines a compassionate and engaging personality with the commitment to ensuring exceptional outcomes and a high level of resident satisfaction. In addition, you should be adaptable and detail-oriented with strong clinical assessment and independent problem-solving skills to work efficiently within a results-oriented environment. It is also vital to this role, that you display excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work well with a diverse population.
Position Summary: The Director of Staff Development is a facilitator, teacher and resource person. This person is responsible for the education program of the facility. This includes assessing needs, planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating the staff development program(s). The Director of Staff Development develops and conducts an education program, the focus of which is on assisting individuals to perform competently. This person is responsible for providing in-service training for all staff in accordance with Federal and State Rules and Regulations.
* (2) years-experience in Long-Term Care and Rehab/TCU preferred MN or dual RN licensure.
Demonstrates knowledge of gerontology, rehabilitative, and medical-surgical nursing care.
* Knowledgeable and experienced in concepts and techniques of adult education.
* Knowledge of State and Federal regulatory requirements for long-term care.
* Overall understanding of RAI process, Case Mix, and Medicare.
* Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
* Professional attitude, high degree of self-motivation and leadership qualities.
* Customer service oriented with knowledge of successful customer service techniques.
* Demonstrates coaching, and mentoring abilities to facilitate learning of others.
* Understanding of Corporate Compliance, and Abuse/Neglect guidelines.
* Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
* Must be a team player.
* BLS certified.
* Strong assessment skills.
Position Summary: The primary purpose of the Infection Prevention and Control Coordinator is to evaluate the quality of patient care and patient outcomes as they relate to health care associated (HAI) infections; collects prepares and analyzes HAI infection and surveillances data; presents infection data and makes recommendations for actions. The Infection Prevention and Control Coordinator also monitors employee compliance in use of PPE and use of transmission precautions barriers and infection prevention measures; prepares and presents educational offerings for the staff and serves as a resource to all departments and personnel.
* Long-term care experience or infection prevention and control background.
* Knowledge of current Infection Control and OSHA guidelines.
* Good problem solver with abilities to make independent judgments utilizing initiative, discretion and the nursing process as needed with the ability to prioritize duties.
* Effective communicator with staff, families and outside agencies.
* Ability to work effectively with residents, personnel, and support agencies.
* Ability to develop policies and procedures.
* Ability to teach and evaluate clinical performance.
* Possess a knowledge base of blood borne pathogens and infection prevention and control standards
Comprehensive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Legal, Company Paid Life, Voluntary Life, PTO, Short Term Disability, Accident and Critical Illness, Paid Holidays
Must be able to pass background study, drug test and subject to fingerprinting.
To apply, please visit our website at: http://www.jobs.net/j/JckLjsJy?idpartenaire=10104
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exposure to blood, body tissue of fluids.
- Exposure to hazardous waste materials, dust and loud or unpleasant noises.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to meet these demands:
- Ability to endure prolonged walking, sitting, standing, use of pulling, bending, and stooping movements.
- Ability to adapt to changes in daily work hours and schedule.
- Ability to lift/carry a minimum of fifty (50) pounds.
- Ability to push/pull more than fifty (50) pounds.
- Ability to perform tasks which require arm-hand steadiness.
- Ability to walk and stand for prolonged periods of time through duration of shift(s).
- Ability to squat, climb stairs, reach above shoulders, twist, bend and kneel repeatedly through duration of shift(s).
- Ability to see and interpret colors as in reading warning lights.
- Ability to hear normal sounds within background noise.
- Ability to speak clearly and make self understood.
- Ability to keep attention on task if routinely interrupted.
- Ability to understand a variety of concepts/approaches.
- Ability to remember tasks/assignments for a full shift.
- Ability to work beyond regularly scheduled shift (overtime) when necessary.
Safe Work Performance Expectations
The safety of employees, residents and visitors is of paramount importance to Volunteers of America. Our work place safety program will be incorporated as the standard of practice for this organization. Compliance with these safe work expectations will be required of all employees as a condition of employment. Our organization focus will hold all employees accountable for safety performance equal with quality and production expectations.
Employees will be expected to:
- Follow correct policy and procedures for department and facility Fire/Disaster/Missing Person Plan. Know the location of fire alarms and extinguishers.
- Follow correct policy and procedure for hand washing.
- Follow guidelines for proper method of lifting.
- All doorways, hallways and areas are to be kept clear.
- Know the location and purpose of Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
- Follow guidelines for department environment and safety measures.
- Follow guidelines for safe handling, inspection, maintenance and storage of equipment. Report any malfunction of equipment.
- Follow guidelines for safe handling and storage of chemicals and supplies.
- Follow correct policy and procedure for reporting of incidents: staff, residents, etc.