Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Act as backup to the Director of Payroll in reviewing and approving the payroll processing cycle for accuracy and completeness before final file transfer to payroll processing service company.
- Work directly with the Director of Payroll in the implementation and enforcement of all payroll policies and procedures. Assist with interpretation of such policies for managers and employees.
- Coordinate and monitor the activities related to employee inquiries concerning payroll matters.
- Assist in the activities related to timesheet processing, input of employee status changes, employee new hires and terminations, and the audit of all processed documents from Human Resources relating to payroll.
- Ensure the processing of new hires, transfers, promotions, terminations, and other personnel changes is accurate and timely.
- Provide leadership to Payroll Associates by assigning and delegating tasks, administrative responsibilities, and prioritizing projects, as well as auditing their work. Provide input in the hiring, training, evaluating discipline, and termination of Payroll Associates.
- Prepare, process and monitor employee garnishments on wages.
- Work in support of the Director of Payroll to act as the liaison with payroll processing service company.
- Remain current with any changes in the laws and regulations pertaining to Payroll.
- Perform quarterly and year-end wage and tax reviews. Research and resolve errors and discrepancies.
- Partner with Human Resources, Benefits, IT and Finance in selecting, converting to, and implementing new payroll, benefits and other information systems.
- Document procedures for all Payroll Associate job duties.
- Participate in the implementation of a new time and attendance system as part of the Payroll Team.
- Perform other duties as required.
Why Vinfen? We are committed to you! We offer great training, great benefits, career growth and job security!
Our comprehensive and generous benefits package includes:
- A fully funded, employer-sponsored retirement plan that requires no employee contribution as well as an employee-funded 403(b) plan
- First-rate Medical, Dental and Vision plans that are open all employees scheduled to work 30 hours per week or more. Plus, we offer a generous employer contribution toward the cost of medical insurance!
- Employer-paid Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-Term Disability Insurance (no cost to you!)
- Employer-paid Short-Term Disability Insurance along with the option to purchase additional, voluntary, Short-Term disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts (Health and Dependent care)
- Voluntary Term, Whole Life, Accident and Critical Care Insurance
- Generous paid time off (Employees scheduled to work 20 hours or more per week):
- 15 days of Vacation per year
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 10 Sick Days per year
- 3 Personal Days per year
- Educational Assistance and Remission Programs
- $500 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
- Other generous benefits including discounted YMCA memberships, access to discounted movie tickets and more!
Founded in 1977, for 40 years Vinfen has been a leading nonprofit human services organization that "transforms lives" by building the capacity of individuals, families, organizations and communities to learn, thrive and achieve their goals. Vinfen supports thousands of adolescents and adults with psychiatric, developmental and behavioral disabilities at more than 200 sites with 2,800 employees in eastern Massachusetts and Connecticut. www.vinfen.org/careers
My Vinfen. My Community. My Job.
Vinfen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, business administration required.
- A minimum of seven years experience in all areas of payroll functions. At least three years in a supervisory capacity strongly preferred.
- Experience in selection and or implementation of a time and attendance system desired.
- Knowledge of payroll regulations, procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of payroll and human resources systems.
- Knowledge of time and attendance systems.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong organization, analytical and communication (speaking and writing) skills required.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work in a professional and confidential capacity.