Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Payroll Administrator - Addison, TX
at Valor Healthcare
But what really makes Valor different is our people.
Our leadership team is comprised of Veterans and clinician leaders dedicated to providing exceptional care and a world-class patient experience for our Nations Heroes. Our Veteran Outreach Program is led by a service-connected, disabled Veteran who has extensive experience with and personally uses the VA Healthcare System. Many of our associates have Veterans in their families or are Veterans themselves, resulting in an individual commitment to customer service that is second to none.
This is not just a job for our team; its a personal choice to serve those who served.
Under minimal supervision, completes all activities required to process a bi-weekly payroll for a multi-state, multi-location company. Ensures processing is in accordance with federal, state, and local law, as well as company policies, practices, and procedures. This position requires sound judgment in performing tasks, calculating payroll and ensure accurate calculations, data integrity, recovery of overpayments, and proper disposition of all activities in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Processes personnel transactions forms including pay changes, job changes, transfers, retroactive pay, and terminations
- Calculates and prepares bi-weekly payroll, to include timekeeping records, earnings, deductions, tax, garnishments, special pay scenarios, etc. Verify banking fund availability with finance and performs banking reconciliation as required.
- Prepare accurate quarterly and annual payroll tax forms for federal and state payroll taxes.
- Manage payroll garnishments to accurately comply with appropriate laws and regulations.
- Prepare quarterly audits for worker's compensation insurance.
- Execute all termination payroll payments and adjustments.
- Manage year-end W-2 reporting and distribution.
- Reviews and audits a variety of payroll-related items, to include timesheets
- Calculate payroll deductions and monthly billings for employee benefits.
- Facilitates resolution of colleagues' concerns regarding payroll calculations and deductions, investigate problems, and make appropriate suggestions or corrections.
- Distribute vacation/sick accruals, labor distributions, and general ledger reports. Provide general ad-hoc reporting as requested.
- Ensure timely system maintenance occurs and communicates any system downtime to colleagues and leaders.
- Participate in professional development activities to update knowledge of federal, state, and local labor and tax laws and regulations.
- Assist human resources department with various projects as needed.
- Remain abreast of current regulations and applicability
- Additional duties assigned
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.