Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Machine Operator Temp - 1st shift available ($18.99/hr)
at Valmont Corp
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
This is a full-time temp to hire assignment. Potential to extend or hire-on permanently will be based on business needs and performance.
1st shift: 6 am - 4 pm Monday through Thursday.
A Brief Summary of This Position
The Machine Operator 1 will be a highly motivated and talented incumbent responsible for drilling and/or tapping parts to meet blue print specifications. The incumbent will aggressively work as part of the production team to meet department goals and customer requirements while ensuring that department goals are met. The incumbent will also be a vital part of ensuring safe working practices are followed at all times and will be accountable for performing daily TPM’s (Total Preventive Maintenance).
- Operate various types of drills and saws and cut-off machines
- Verify programs to blue print specifications
- Initiative to make suggestions which will improve efficiency in operating the machines and/or parts production
- Read and accurately follow production blueprints, technical manuals and instructions
- Participating in lean improvements and other team projects
- Ability to work up to 10 hours of overtime per week when required by business needs.
- Ability to bend and pivot as well as lift, push and pull objects weighing 25 pounds throughout the shift.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Ability to read and accurately follow production blueprints, technical manuals and instructions
- Ability to use a computer to enter production data, perform time keeping functions, and interface with machines, and other equipment
- Ability to accurately use a tape measure, calculator, tri-square, thread gage, caliper, micrometer, specialty gage and plug gage
- Ability to machine finished parts from casting and raw materials
- Experience performing quality checks on manufactured goods
- Experience working with Lean Manufacturing methodology
- Hands-on machining operations experience including; drilling, turning, tapping, sawing, and automated cut-off machines
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy while working in a fast paced environment with multiple distractions
- Prior experience using MFG Pro or QAD applications
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc. is a leading producer and distributor of products and services for the infrastructure and agricultural markets.
Valmont began in 1946 when founder, Robert B. Daugherty, combined his $5,000 savings with a wholehearted belief that business could and should be done better. From those modest beginnings, the company grew into a global leader of engineered products and services for infrastructure, and water-conserving irrigation equipment and solutions for agriculture.
From lighting and traffic structures to guide the way, to communication towers that keep people connected, to utility structures that power homes and businesses, to irrigation equipment and technology that helps grow the world’s food, we are committed to Conserving Resources. Improving Life®.
Four primary business segments comprise Valmont: Engineered Support Structures; Coatings; Irrigation and Utility Support Structures. We manufacture products in over 80 different facilities spread across 6 continents and do business in over 22 different countries. Valmont is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol (VMI).
We are passionate about our products. We pride ourselves on being people of integrity who excel at delivering results. We pursue opportunities for growth by taking products and processes to new markets, developing new products for existing markets, and continually improving across the company to ensure that Valmont solutions are always the global industry leader.