Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Director, Field Operations
at Valet Living
Grow as We Grow and Take Your Career to New Heights!
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Field Human Resources, the primary purpose of the HR Director for Field Operations for the east coast is to plan, direct, and coordinate human resource management activities in order to maximize the strategic value of human resources. This person will work closely with operating company leaders in key organizations to build the organization and talent capability necessary to drive growth and achieve business objectives. We are looking for an HR Director who understands how to integrate HR strategy with business strategy to drive change, build organizational alignment, develop leaderships and management capability and improve the associate experience.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in high growth environments including hourly/field associates in multi-states. She/he will have had prior full-cycle talent and HR Generalist experience with a minimum of eight years with a focus Federal/State employment laws and regulations including FMLA, ADA and FLSA.
- Develop, design and maintain Succession Planning efforts for field salaried positions
- Administers human resource procedures and policies for all company field staff
- Responds to associate relations concerns such as grievances, harassment allegations, retaliation, discrimination, hostile work environment, and equal employment opportunity; providing recommendations and advice on issue resolution and organizational policy and procedure matters including the documentation preparation, conduct investigations, mediation, and official interrogatories
- Administer and manage all medical leaves of absence, to include but not limited to: FMLA, MLOA, and ADA
- Administer and manage Performance Improvement Plans, Disciplinary Actions, voluntary and involuntary terminations
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems, recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed
- Performs unemployment administration to include claims resolution, change reporting and communicate with service providers concerning routine administration of programs
- Conducts exit interviews and analyzes data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement
- Attend local, regional and national HR and Industry conferences as needed to update HR team on new laws, regulations, and best practices.
- Train and Support Field Leaders and assist recruiting team in attracting, interviewing, recruiting, and retaining Talent
- Provide coaching and guidance to Field Leaders on techniques of industry best practices to ensure manager effectiveness
- Promote a learning culture through leading regular field training and conference calls working with Director of Training
- Partner with and present to C-Level executives to develop organization strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues; contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction.
- Potential nationwide travel to field meetings to communicate, administer, and enforce HR polices and training in person
- Responds to all allegations of fraud, to include investigation, evidentiary techniques, forensic data retrieval analysis, related party interviews, and partner with outside counsel and law enforcement when needed.
- Responds to, and creates interrogatories from the ADA, DOL and EEOC. Include and partner outside counsel when needed. Represent Valet Living with outside counsel in all depositions.
- Maintain internal data integrity and compiling reports from Workday database; establishing and maintaining department records and reports in compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment
Experience and attributes:
- Minimum 8+ years of directly applicable HR experience
- Bachelor’s Degree/Master’s Degree in HR preferred
- Human Resources certifications
- Proven ability to diagnose problems using strategic thinking skills as well as identify and drive appropriate solutions
- Ability to work well across different function and locations and travel as needed for training, meetings with associates, business leaders and HR.
- Ability to relate to, influence, coach associates at all levels of the organization
Valet Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Valet Living is the only nationally-recognized full-service amenities provider to the multifamily housing industry, performing more than 340 million events annually across 1.4 million apartment homes and 40 states. Through its portfolio of both business to business and resident facing amenities, Valet Living is also the only company in the multifamily industry to combine doorstep waste and recycling collection with both sustainability-related and premium home-related services. Valet Living has been setting the standard for residential living since 1995 and is a portfolio company of the Private Equity Group of Ares Management, L.P. (NYSE: ARES) and Harvest Partners, LP.