USE Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Representative
at USE Credit Union
Job Reference #: 26354973
Categories: Human Resources - Generalists, Sales, Customer Service, Human Resources - ALL CATEGORIES
USE Credit Union
Job ID 2019-1255
Job Locations US-CA-San Diego
Category Human Resources
Type Regular Full-Time
More information about this job
Are you Relationship-Focused and Service-Driven? USE's Human Resources Department is the perfect place for you! As a Human Resources Representative, you'll have the chance to help the department achieve strategic objectives and goals. Become part of a team that is key in providing a variety of high quality Human Resources services throughout the organization.
Recruiting & Onboarding
- Assists the staffing specialist with leading efforts in full cycle recruiting including: sourcing, recruiting and screening qualified candidates from external and internal sources for entry level and temporary positions.
- Deliver a positive and efficient candidate experience by demonstrating effective communication skills and providing candidates with accurate and complete information.
- Assists with maintaining application tracking system, including job postings.
- Performs recruiting duties to including preparing offer letters, administering background check, employment verifications & drug screens and compiling first day paperwork.
- Coordinates Credit Union sponsored job/community fairs to promote the USECU Brand.
- Coordination of new-employee orientation, including new hire paperwork and benefit enrollment.
- Provide backup support to payroll administrator, audits payroll and assists with troubleshooting of payroll and benefits questions from employees and line managers.
- Back up to full payroll processing in the absence of the Sr. Benefits & Payroll Administrator.
- Responsible for data integrity, accuracy and maintenance of all employee related data and reports, including payroll, performance management, HR intranet and HRIS system.
- Generates reports as need from various HRIS and E-Learning Systems, including aiding in analysis of data.
- Tracks & monitors the 90 day and annual performance appraisal process. Coordinates with department leaders to aid in adhering to upcoming deadlines. Responsible for tracking and administration of introductory reviews for all new hires.
- Assists with preparing termination paperwork and administering terminations.
- Represents the company for unemployment claims and hearings.
- Manages the Community Involvement Program and partnership relationships to lead initiatives to support USE Credit Union's Vision.
- Provide support for employee compensation and benefit matters, ensuring compliance, consistency and clear communication and interpretation of policies.
- Coordinate and support wellness program initiatives of various events throughout the year.
- Lead various HR department programs as assigned to include wellness and community involvement activities and events.
- Conducts new-employee benefit onboarding as necessary.
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual compliance to include emergency contact list, employee personal information updates, GLBA audits, organizational charts, conflict of interest, wage notifications, etc.
- Maintain up-to-date credit union personnel files with information such as personal data, promotions, salary information, performance evaluations, absences, and termination.
- Responsible for keeping HR files up to date and current including new hire and termination files.
- Provides administrative HR support including legal research, clarifying policies and procedures, assistance getting issues and questions resolved.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements.
- Provide general administrative support to the SVP, Chief Human Resources Officer, AVP, Human Resources and Director, Training & Development.
- Coordinates and handles various transactional activities associated with the day-to-day activities for Human Resources.
- General HR support and assist with HR Projects, as assigned.
- Perform Human Resources functions of a highly confidential nature and maintain records up to date.
- Reviews, sorts and processes all incoming and outgoing mail.
- Interface with employees to assist with providing quality Human Resources services to maintain departmental credibility and employee morale.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining the department intranet page.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent from a four-year college in related field and one to three years' Human Resources experience is required and/or equivalent combination of education and experience (minimum of three years' experience in a financial institution and/or minimum of three years' Human Resources experience in lieu of a Bachelor's degree is required).
- Previous administrative experience is required.
- Must have strong follow through, initiative and must be able to self-manage work load.
- Experience and knowledge of general Human Resources functions including recruitment & selection and payroll is preferred.
- Experience planning events to support department is preferred.
- Must have great attention to detail and ability to interface with all levels of employees and upper management.
- Ability to use HRIS systems, Word for Windows, Excel, PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office applications, as well as the ability to learn new applications quickly; requires general knowledge of network and database use.
- Must be organized, self-disciplined and detail-oriented with the ability to manage and juggle multiple projects.
- Must be able to maintain highly sensitive information confidential.
- The HR Representative must be employee focused and model the following attributes: leadership, service excellence, cultural attributes to include accountability and integrity.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!