UNM Medical Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director, Human Resources
at UNM Medical Group
UNMMG Human Resources
Commensurate with experience
# of Openings:
Job Code/Title: D8001/ Director Human Resources
FLSA : Exempt
UNM Medical Group, Inc. (UNMMG) is the practice plan organization for physicians and other medical providers associated with the UNM Health Sciences Center. UNM Medical Group, Inc. is a New Mexico non-profit corporation and is an equal opportunity employer. UNMMG offers a competitive salary and an attractive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as tuition assistance, paid leave and 403b retirement for benefits eligible employees.
The following statements are intended to describe, in broad terms, the general functions and responsibility levels characteristic of positions assigned to this classification. They should not be viewed as an exhaustive list of the specific duties and prerequisites applicable to individual positions that have been so classified.
Reporting to the Executive Director Human Resources, responsible for guiding and managing the provisions of Human Resources policies and programs for the organization to include: policy interpretation, talent acquisition and staffing, employment and compliance to regulatory concerns, employee relations, and compensation and benefits administration. Works closely with Executive Director to ensure success of human resource programs. Responsible for direct oversight for HR Business Partner activities to include talent acquisition, employment processing, compensation, and employee relations. Ensures all HR Functions and systems are maintained to ensure regulatory compliance at all times. Provides consultation to management on strategic staffing plans, compensation, benefits, performance management, retention and other related human resource programs. The focus of this role is to provide direction and ensure consistency on HR initiatives, policies, practices and procedures that impact company profitability and improve employee engagement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implements human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities, in the areas of talent acquisition, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance, and labor relations.
- Manages human resources operations by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining staff; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing staff job contributions; maintaining compensation; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Accomplishes special project results by identifying and clarifying issues and priorities; communicating and coordinating requirements; expediting fulfillment; evaluating milestone accomplishments; evaluating optional courses of action; changing assumptions and direction.
- Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations concerning employee complaints and works with HR Business Partners, employees/leadership to ensure prompt resolution of employee concerns. Assists managers with employee performance issues, the development of coaching plans and performance improvement plans.
- Supports management by providing human resources advice, counsel, and decisions; analyzing information and applications.
- Assures compliance with federal and state regulations. Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Guides management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Business or in a related field with 7 years’ experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Verification of education and licensure (if applicable) will be required if selected for hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of human resources administration principles and practices.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Strong working knowledge of employee relations, compensation, HRIS and recruitment.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills; ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to develop and present training programs and/or workshops.
- Knowledge of ADA, FLSA, FMLA and other employment legislation and regulations.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be employment eligible as verified by the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General (OIG) and the Government Services Administration (GSA).
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Fingerprinting, and subsequent clearance, is required.
- Must provide proof of varicella & MMR immunity or obtain vaccinations within 90 days of employment.
- Must obtain annual influenza vaccination.
- If this position is assigned to a clinical area, successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-placement medical evaluation/health screen. Required N-95 mask fitting, testing, vaccinations to include annual TST, Tdap, and Hepatitis B will be determined based on location and nature of position.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- No or very limited physical effort required.