University of Oklahoma
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director, Payroll and Employee Services
at University of Oklahoma
At the University of Oklahoma, you will be a part of an organization that recognizes and rewards the contributions of its employees. OU fosters a dynamic work environment and offers a wide range of career opportunities. As part of a higher education institution, OU Payroll and Employee Services embraces the mission of the University and reflects the diversity of the students we serve. OU is truly a great place to work.
The Director of Payroll and Employee Services directs and delivers complex services related to Norman Campus payroll administration for full and part time academic, professional and support employees as well as student workers.
This position has accountability for payroll operations and related disbursement, taxation, and reporting processes; provides leadership, innovation, strategy, and day-to-day management for the OU PES team by developing goals, objectives, policies and procedures; leveraging technology solutions; supervising, coordinating and evaluating outcomes; and preparing and managing unit operating budgets.
Skill / Requirements
Required Education/Experience: Bachelor Degree or equivalent combination of education/job related experience, AND:
- 7-9 years in progressive Payroll and Timekeeping management
- 4-6 years in Payroll management. Experience managing Payroll for 10,000+ employees.
- Builds and sustains strong working relationships across organizational divisions with diverse constituents
- Intrinsic integrity. Unquestioned discretion with highly confidential information. Establishes and maintains a high-functioning team
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Time and Attendance software experience
- End of year tax reporting experience: W-2, 1042(s), and 1095-C
- Workforce Time & Attendance experience
- Laserfiche and/or document imaging experience
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP)
- PeopleSoft Financials experience
The University of Oklahoma is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Founded in 1890, the University of Oklahoma is a public research university located in Norman, Oklahoma just 20 minutes south of Oklahoma City. OUs Norman undergraduate population is slightly more than 20,000, giving students a major university experience in a private college atmosphere. With three campuses in Oklahoma, OU also offers study abroad opportunities at several locations and OU campuses overseas.