University of New Mexico
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technical Training Consultant - req# 6572
at University of New Mexico
Technical Training Consultant
|Working Title||Technical Training Consultant|
The Media and Collaborative Apps team, part of IT Academic Technologies, performs a wide range of technical, support, production, development, and training tasks. We are seeking an energetic and organized Technical Training Consultant to help us support the teaching and learning mission of the University by raising awareness of the tools we provide and improving the technical proficiency of our community of users.
The successful applicant will possess a solid technical aptitude and attention to detail along with an ability to explain complex subjects in a clear and interesting way.
Under limited supervision, the primary responsibilities for this position include:
· Coordinates, designs, develops and implements specialized technical training programs targeted primarily to faculty and student end-users as well as via train-the-trainer models.
· Establish close working relationships and work effectively with internal and external technical teams, support desk teams, the Academic Technologies multimedia development and video production team, and distributed course design and content development teams reporting to other areas on campus.
· With an inclusive, collaborative, and proactive approach, provide coordination, guidance, structure, consistency and timeliness to the technical training efforts of distributed support teams to ensure documentation and training is both accurate and up-to-date.
· Coordinate development and implementation of specialized training and skill development programs.
· Conduct needs assessments to identify training priorities.
· Supervise or provide functional direction to graduate assistants, student employees, and staff working on projects associated with technical training.
|Conditions of Employment|
Bachelor's degree; at least 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified, which includes at least 1 year of experience conducting hands-on technical training.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
· A master’s degree in a technical, training or communication subject area
· At least 5 years’ professional experience in a technical, support, teaching or training role
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Comfort and proficiency presenting to a live audience, hosting webinars, being on camera, and performing voice-overs for animations and screen recordings.
· Proficiency with multimedia development and audio/video production and editing tools
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||IT Academic Technologies (321A)|
|Staff Type||Regular - Full-Time|
|Term End Date|
|Pay||$3434.31 to $4468.75 monthly|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||10/11/2018|
|Application Instructions||Must attach Resume and Cover Letter in application. Portfolio etc must be sent to e-mail indicated:* Applicants must attach a cover letter in their application describing their interest in the position, relevant experience, and their vision for developing a technical training program to support technologies used in teaching and learning. * In addition to a resume and cover letter, the department requests that applicants submit a work product portfolio that includes sample training plans and materials, multimedia with video and/or voice over, and written documentation. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org in the subject line enter the requisition number and job title: Req6572 Technical Training Consultant|
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.