Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Veterans & Active Duty Reservist - Guard Card Training (no cost to you)
at Allied Universal
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Security Officer
- Workdays Available
- Friday, Monday, Saturday, Sunday, Thursday, Tuesday, Wednesday
- Shifts Available
- Afternoon, Evening, Morning, Overnight
Veterans & Active Duty Reservists, Join the Allied Universal Security Services Team & Receive the Guard Card Training (no cost to you).
We are proud to offer free guard card training to all active duty, Veterans, reservist, and their dependents (age 18 & older). Prerequisites for guard card training include, completed employment application, interview with a hiring manager, receive a contingent offer of employment, and meet all other hiring requirements (high school diploma/GED/or equivalent).
Guard Card Training is provided 1 Saturday every month at the Allied Universal, San Diego Office. See Training Schedule Below & RSVP with a Recruiter Today!
Guard Card Training Date
RSVP Due Date
April 27th, 2019 @ 0830
April 20th,2019 @ 1700
May 25th, 2019 @ 0830
May 18th, 2019 @ 1700
June 29th, 2019 @ 0830
June 22nd, 2019 @ 1700
July 27th, 2019 @ 0830
July 20th, 2019 @ 1700
*Date are subject to change, confirm training date at time of RSVP.
Allied Universal, San Diego
10680 Treena St. #450
San Diego, CA. 92131
Military Regional Recruiter, Email: Henry.VanWinkle@aus.com (619) 559-2561
Northrop Grumman-National Recruiting Liaison, Email: Brian.Witten@aus.com (818) 307-7647
DOD Security Concierge
UnArmed Security Officer
Security Officer - DOD Facilities – Secret Clearance Required
Healthcare Facility Security Guard
Corporate Security Concierge
Did you know that approximately 65% of our managers are internal promotions? You too can start with little, to no security experience and become one of Allied Universal’s many success stories.
Your call to action...
Click 'Apply Now' to Complete the On-Line Application & Send Your RSVP!
Allied Universal Services is currently searching for Security Professionals. At Allied Universal, quality starts and ends with our Security Professionals. The professionalism, competence, and commitment make the difference. At Allied Universal, the Security Professionals serve and secure the merchants, patrons, and employees of the centers they serve.
- Patrol facility and/or perform fixed-post duties as instructed; foot patrol is required for all retail facilities;
- Serve as a general security presence and visible deterrent to crime and client rule infractions
- Detect suspicious activities and watch for criminal acts or client rule infractions at or near assigned post which may be a threat to the property, client or employees at the site
- Report all incidents, accidents and/or medical emergencies
- Follows procedures to respond to emergencies and alarms, such as medical incident or bomb threats, or fire alarms or intrusion
Security Professionals Quality Standards:
- Comes to work well rested and alert; is on time and completes shift assignments (including overtime, if assigned);
- Has a neat, professional appearance and arrives at work dressed in complete and clean assigned uniform;
- Has a friendly and professional demeanor and provides quality customer service;
- Is a good communicator (both verbal and written) and is capable of handling typical and crisis situations both efficiently and effectively
- Must be assertive verbally and not shy away from intervention with large groups of juveniles or young adults. Must be able to detain individuals if necessary;
- Understands and successfully executes his/her post orders including enforcement of client and company policies, rules and regulations;
- Must be able to successfully complete CPR, First Aid and AED training and certification;
- May require a valid driver’s license (without restrictions or medical conditions);
- May require operation of a Segway (Segway’s have a 250 pound weight limit);
Physical and Mental Functions:
- Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet);
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift;
- Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties;
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds;
- Run as needed;
- Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks;
- Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination;
- Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
- Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments.
Qualified applicants for Security Professionals Positions will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
- High school diploma or equivalent required;
- Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones;
- Effectual interpersonal skills across all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines;
- Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions;
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test; Including ability to obtain a valid Guard License as required in the state for which you are applying;
- As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty;
- Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills;
- Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites;
- Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard;
- Neat and professional appearance;
- Ability to provide quality customer service;
- Ability to handle both common and crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently;
- Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment);
In the Security Industry, a Security Professional may be required to possess a guard card/license depending on the state in which they are employed. The guard card/license is paid for by the owner of the license and becomes the property of that individual.
Allied Universal is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Allied Universal will provide qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or any other applicable state or local laws. We are committed to hiring veterans and reservists. Since 2013, we have hired over 25,000 heroes.
Keywords, security officer, security guard, secruity officer, secruity guard, on the job training, training provided, guard card training, training provided, entry level work, entry level security, jobs in San Diego, san diego jobs, entry level, armed security and secruity.
DOD REQUIRED, DOD FACILITY, DOD OPERATIONS, DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE CONTRACTOR, DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE JOBS, #TeamAlliedUniversal, clearedjobs.net, recruitmilitary, military recruitment san diego