Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Training Coordinator for a Steel Mill - Burns Harbor, IN
at Allied Universal
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Security Officer
- Workdays Available
- Monday - Friday, Saturday - Sunday
- Shifts Available
- Afternoon, Evening, Morning, Overnight
Allied Universal, a leading facility services company and the largest security force in North America with over 150,000 employees, provides unparalleled security services and solutions. With headquarters in Santa Ana, Calif., and Conshohocken, Pa., Allied Universal combines people and technology to deliver evolving, tailored solutions that allow our clients to focus on their core business. An unrelenting focus on clients’ success creates partnerships rooted in quality and value, and is supported by experience gained from being in business for over 50 years. Through our people and leading services, systems and solutions…Allied Universal is there for you.
Those duties necessary to meet the minimum requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned:
The training officer will coordinate and/or provide the initial and in service training for security and emergency response personnel.
- Developing appropriate curriculum to meet company, client and industry training standards for emergency response personnel in regards to their fire maintenance responsibilities.
- Coordinate and deliver training sessions in accordance with local, state and federal laws and regulations, and Allied Universal standards.
- Conduct training including, but not limited to Firefighter 1 and Firefighter 2 curriculum, hazardous material training up to the technician level, confined space training, and high angle and rope rescue training.
- Maintain the necessary training documentation to satisfy the company and client audit process.
- Conduct and/or facilitate the completion of required drills and exercises.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties or responsibilities that may typically be assigned to this position include but are not limited to:
6. The training officer will also be expected to coordinate and/or train emergency response personnel in regards to their fire maintenance responsibilities and other Fire Safety Services. This would include, but is not limited to fire extinguishers, hose reels, hydrants, fire alarm box testing, etc.
Work in conjunction with operational partners to develop practical training programs at the client site in order to ensure compliance with contractual and regulatory mandated training.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required.
- Candidate must possess a State of Indiana Fire Instructor 1 certification (or comparable certification from another state).
- Candidate must possess training experience in the specific areas of instruction including subject matter requirements for the Firefighter 1 and Firefighter 2 certifications, Hazardous material training up to the Technician level, Confined space training, and High angle and rope rescue training.
- Candidate must meet US Nuclear Regulatory Commission 37.25 Background Investigation requirements.
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
- This position requires excellent attendance and punctuality. Incumbents must commit to being on time, must be able to work in a very independent environment, and ensure all responsibilities are completed on time.
- Must be highly proficient and fully functional in all Microsoft Office applications and be able to effectively utilize all available office management technology.
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion. Must have proven ability to maintain correspondence, discussions and materials in strictest confidence. Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Current state driver’s license, clean driving record, minimum level of insurance as required by Company policy, and ability to safely operate a vehicle required.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with clients, while functioning as a team player required.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to pass an NFPA Physical Exam
- While performing the duties of this job, is frequently required to stand, sit, talk and hear (communicate verbally in person and via regular telephone equipment) and must be able to read computer screens, correspondence and reports in English.
- The employee must constantly walk, stand, reach with both hands and arms, and must be able to drive a vehicle. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. May be required to climb stairs on an intermittent basis at client sites.
- The employee may be subject to adverse conditions such as rain, cold or heat for short periods of time.
- The employee must be able to concentrate on details, work under deadline pressures, apply sound logic and judgment, and prioritize tasks and responsibilities.
- Must be able to focus and multi-task in a busy environment, with the ability to successfully handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner. Includes being able to effectively manage multiple employees with diverse personalities and engage them to perform at optimum levels.
- Must be able to clearly speak, read and write English.
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. With over 140,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans.EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.