Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Security Operations Center Analyst - $21.00/hr
at Allied Universal
We are North America’s leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees. At Allied Universal, we pride ourselves on fostering a promote from within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Professional Security Officers and today hold positions on our senior leadership team.
ResponsibilitiesSecurity Operations Center Analyst - $21.00/hr Position Type Full Time Shift Type Afternoon,Morning,Overnight Req ID 2020-439610
Allied Universal Services is currently searching for a Security Operations Center Officer (SOC) in Henrico Virginia,near Innsbrook area.
A Security Operations Center Officer is very important to the safety and security of our clients’ facilities. A Security Operations Center Officer allows us to accomplish our company’s core purpose, which is "to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses in our communities". The SOC security officer will be a key contributor to the security operations team in the event of a crisis situation that would threaten the safe and secure business operations. This could include, but is not limited to: natural disasters, workplace violence, facility emergencies, fire and issues of serious injury or illness.
SOC Analyst Role - The SOC Analyst coordinates day-to-day and incident response logistics, while providing support to security officers. Areas of responsibility include: event/incident monitoring, camera/security alarm monitoring, video review, dispatch, coordination of resources, and incident response management and communications. SOC Analyst will be required to successfully complete enhanced initial and recurring training and operate under a probationary period as determined by Capital One.
- Use technical and analytical skills to identify, investigate, and respond to the organization's security threats.
- Develop and operationalize effective Use Cases to ensure we can detect the highest-risk attacks.
- Mature and enhance the tools, tactics, and procedures used within the team.
- Serve as an escalation point for other Security Operations team members.
- Frequently serve as the primary investigator for the Incident Response Team. Determine root cause and make reasonable and effective recommendations to improve our processes.
- Perform threat hunting by proactively using security log data and other tools to identify undetected threats.
- Systemically monitor online open sources and media channels for potential and known threats.
- Maintain comprehensive records of security-related incidents; analyze information and establish actionable deliverables.
- Implement security and access control procedures to ensure safety at corporate sites.
- Serve as primary center point for disseminating information regarding security-related incidents.
- Conduct security and threat assessment audits of the corporate campus and make recommendations for improving security measures on-site.
- Respond to incoming security concerns and local incidents, as well as track outcomes of the requests.
- Serve as a dispatch center for overseas security incidents, including coordinating contingency plans, real-time monitoring, and personnel tracking.
- Actively monitor a wide network of security alarms and cameras to identify and resolve threats globally.
- Provide physical protection and logistics support, as needed.
- Supplement the guard force, when needed, to provide continuity in escort services to clients
- 5+ years of experience in Security.
- Significant experience performing log analysis to identify, investigate, and respond to security threats.
- Previous experience working in a Global Security Operations Center
- Broad geopolitical awareness, knowledge of global events, and cultural sensitivity.
- Familiarity with news reporting sources, social media channels, as well as other channels for real-time monitoring of current events.
- Working knowledge of basic IT troubleshooting
- Understanding of current attack tools, tactics, procedures, and how to detect and/or mitigate them
- Be at least 18 years of age with high school diploma or equivalent
- Possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner
- Valid guard card/license, as required in the state for which you are applying.
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a drug screen in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws
- Display exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Have intermediate computer skills to operate innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites
- Ability to handle crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently
- Able to:
- Work in various environments such as cold weather, rain/snow or heat
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Stand or walk on various surfaces for long periods of time
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. With over 200,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.