Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Allied Universal-Regional Trainer-Tampa/Orlando
at Allied Universal
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Security Management
- Workdays Available
- Monday - Friday, Saturday - Sunday
- Shifts Available
- Afternoon, Evening, Morning, Overnight
We are North America’s leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees. For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! Approximately 65% of our managers were internally promoted! We have great part-time and full-time positions available! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
Allied Universal is currently hiring an Regional Trainer to conduct training activities in accordance with local, state and federal laws and regulations, and Allied Universal standards which will include CPR/First Aid/AED; Defensive Tactics (e.g. handcuffs, pepper spray, batons, Tasers, firearms); Mobility Devices (e.g. vehicles, bicycle, golf cart, Segway); Fire Safety Services (emergency plans; occupants, floor wardens and staff presentations; and evacuation drills); and other value-added services such as workplace violence/active shooter training. Additional responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Communicate with stakeholders (Regional Training Manager, Field operations, Security Professionals, Supervisors, Field and Corporate Training, and Clients).
- Deliver field training programs in accordance with local, state and federal laws and regulations, and Allied Universal standards.
- Conduct CPR/First Aid/Automated External Defibrillator (AED) training.
- Conduct Defensive Tactics (e.g. handcuffs, pepper spray, batons, Tasers, firearms) training;
- Conduct Mobility Devices (e.g. vehicles, bicycle, golf cart, Segway) training.
- Conduct field training for Security Professionals and Supervisors.
- Deliver Fire Safety Services (emergency plans; occupants, floor wardens, and staff presentations; and evacuation drills), and other value-added services such as workplace violence/active shooter training.
- Identify, conduct vetting, and establish relationships with local area training academies in order to provide support in the form of external training opportunities.
Work in conjunction with operational partners (Human Resource Coordinators/Branch Managers) to develop practical training programs at the branch level in order to ensure compliance with contractual and regulatory mandated training.
Conduct leadership training such as the Certified Security Professional program to Security Professionals and Supervisors.
Conduct special projects on an as-needed basis to support the region
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required. Some college education or business classes desirable. Certification in security, safety or training field desirable.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of professional-level experience required. Prior experience in the fire service, security industry, law enforcement and/or military highly desired. Experience in security operations or other functions of security industry a plus.
- Current state driver’s license, clean driving record (no points in prior 3 years), and ability to safely operate a Company vehicle required.
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines. Must be highly organized and able to keep on track with required information available at all times.
- This position requires excellent attendance and punctuality. Incumbents must commit to being on time, must be able to work in a very independent environment, and ensure all responsibilities are completed on time.
- Ability to write manuals, review and respond to written requests for proposals, training documents, and prepare extensive presentations is required. Must be highly proficient and fully functional in Microsoft programs such as Word and PowerPoint are essential, and able to effectively utilize all available office management technology including PDAs, Outlook and internet applications.
- Ability to deliver specific training programs in accordance with local, state and federal laws and regulations, and Allied Universal standards; CPR/First Aid/AED; Defensive Tactics (e.g. handcuffs, pepper spray, batons, Tasers, firearms); Mobility Devices (e.g. vehicles, bicycle, golf cart, Segway); Fire Safety Services (emergency plans; occupants, floor wardens and staff presentations; and evacuation drills); provide other value-added services such as workplace violence/active shooter training.
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion. Must have proven ability to maintain correspondence, discussions and materials in strictest confidence. Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with clients, while functioning as a team player.
- Must customarily and regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment in the normal course of day-to-day activities to schedule appointments in order to carry out responsibilities.
Allied Universal is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Allied Universal will provide qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or any other applicable state or local laws. We are committed to hiring veterans and reservists. Since 2013, we have hired over 25,000 heroes.