Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Training & Development Manager (Flexible Shift)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 5273861a-bdde-4856-8f3a-f7060631904d
Categories: Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director), Education - Training, Human Resources - Training & Development
- Plan, organize, and deliver training to distribution associates to ensure understanding to execute specific distribution tasks and processes properly, safely handle powered industrial vehicles, assist with projects and effectively support the roll out company strategic initiatives.
- Enhance and maintain training materials including handouts, PowerPoint presentations, computer-based tutorials, and reference materials to onboard new distribution associates.
- Manage, monitor and communicate with Leadership about associate’s progression throughout the various training programs/initiatives.
- Works closely with Leadership Team to identify, communicate and address learning opportunities for all associates.
- Process management review, job observations and coaching are a significant part of this role.
- Seek support of Subject Matter Experts across key departments to serve as members of an advisory group responsible for providing technical operational expertise that will enhance knowledge and improvement of training materials.
- Use lean techniques for process improvement and help identify areas of improvement to enable associates and the company to perform more effectively.
- Become a subject matter expert in specific functions and ultimately work towards a career progression as a department manager and/or operations manager in 6-24 months
- Actively participate in a leadership development and mentoring program locally
- Assist managing departments as needed throughout leadership development process
- Understand and demonstrate Essendant’s Core Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Ability to engage associates for prolonged periods of time.
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and training methods.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of Company policies and procedures.
- Excellent MS Office proficiency, especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to learn new computer applications, concepts, and processes.
- Ability to travel up to 15%.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum year (1) year of training experience preferred.
- Distribution and logistics experience preferred