Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior HR Specialist
at Toyota Boshoku
I. General Summary: Performs a variety of complex and routine administrative, technical, and professional HR functions including policies, programs, and procedures to ensure stable team member relations, productive work environment, and company goals and objectives. Coordinate and administer (by means of proactive planning, action, and maintenance), directly or indirectly, the Human Resources functions for the plant in assigned area(s) of Benefits, Compensation, Employment/Recruitment, HRIS, Payroll, Staffing, and Team Member Relations. May provide support assistance to Safety, Security, and Training functions.
II. Essential Job Functions:
A. Serve as a team member advocate in conflict or corrective action situations to ensure fair and consistent treatment.
1. Coach, guide, and mentor group leaders and other members of management on team member relations matters including performance management, attendance, team member issues and concerns, etc.
2. Coordinate resolution and/or referral of specific policy-related and procedural problems and inquiries, as well as investigation of team member complaints or issues initiated by management or team members.
3. Research and investigate compliance issues regarding workers’ compensation injuries and claims, attendance, corrective actions, harassment, etc.
4. Support facilitation of performance management, coaching, and corrective action situations.
B. Ensure that TBA, Company, and HR policies, practices, and procedures are properly and consistently administered and lead to fair and consistent treatment of team members.
1. Assist in policy/procedure communication, guidance, and related education activities to ensure HR policies, practices, and procedures are understood and consistently applied.
2. Assist and/or coordinate development and implementation of HR policies, programs, and practices.
C. Assist in administration of compensation and benefit programs and other team member services (e.g., voluntary purchase discount programs, company uniforms, etc.) that support Company philosophy, profitability, and success.
1. Support payroll and benefit administration by assisting team members with inquiries or issues regarding benefits, pay, annual enrollment meetings, status changes, PTO, leaves of absence, etc.
2. Ensure team member enrollment benefit forms/changes are accurate, current, and maintained in Oracle and team member files.
3. Verify and check hours and pay codes in Kronos on a biweekly basis.
4. Compile supporting data and amounts for quarterly incentive payout to hourly team members.
5. Maintain all temporary timesheets and hours in Kronos and report to agency on a weekly basis.
6. Support administration of classification programs which includes classifying and reclassifying positions and writing job descriptions.
7. Administers company uniform program, company store, and vending services.
D. Provide assistance and coordination in the maintenance and management of specialized human resource information and measurement/reporting systems.
1. Perform specialized technical tasks, such as benchmark evaluation, technical research, and labor trend analysis.
2. Prepare reports, graphs, charts, and statistical analyses, and participate in presenting reports and proposals to HR and senior management.
3. Provide support assistance for tracking, management, and month end reporting of direct/indirect headcount, overtime, attendance, turnover, leaves of absence, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities, safety incidents, and other HR Key Performance Indicators (KPI), etc.
4. Assist with EEO reporting, new hire reporting, and other state or federal regulatory reporting requirements.
E. Support team member communication, involvement, and recognition activities including service awards, all-team member events, business review communication meetings, etc.
1. Plan and execute team member and team building activities to help promote a positive work environment and effectively raise team member morale such as holiday activities, plant luncheons, environmental activities, etc.
2. Assist with planning, organizing, and executing team member internal communications, bulletin board postings, two-way communications, and feedback systems including monthly plant communication meetings, newsletter, roundtable meetings, suggestion programs, and opinion surveys.
3. Administer service award and other recognition programs.
4. Support health and wellness activities and participate in professional and community activities.
F. Assist with employment and recruitment processes for filling hourly and salaried positions with internal and external personnel due to attrition, promotions, and transfers.
1. Support development and execution of recruiting strategy with hiring managers.
2. Conduct internal and external postings including pre-screening of applicants.
3. Coordinate and facilitate interview process.
4. Assist hiring manager in their decision-making regarding entire hiring process.
5. Coordinate critical pre- and post-employment processes including job offers, background checks, candidate notifications, and new hire orientation preparation and support.
6. Evaluate recruiting and interviewing processes and makes recommendations for continuous improvement.
7. Support, coordinate, and/or facilitate orientation and assimilation programs for new hires.
G. Prepare and assist with personnel administration activities.
1. Process personnel action and change of status forms for new hires, transfers, terminations, leaves of absence, etc.
2. Generate wage increases and ensure status changes are accurate and completed for scheduled pay progressions, annual increases, promotions, and terminations for entry in Oracle.
3. Create and maintain team member files for recordkeeping. Monitor status and upkeep of records that are related to leaves of absence and workers’ compensation.
4. Complete Oracle and Kronos system entries. Monitor attendance records and prepare any disciplinary actions required. Maintain attendance tracking for hourly team members and issue corrective action as necessary.
5. Complete or administer employment verifications, benefit verifications, child support withholdings, security badges, and other miscellaneous personnel actions.
6. Create and provide badges for new, temporary, and existing team members and maintain access.
H. Coordinate employment and administration of temporary team members.
1. Maintain employment related information in regard to temporary team members.
2. Arrange hire of temporary team members and collaborate with manufacturing for placement of temporary workers.
Provide support and assistance with Safety, Security, and Training functions and activities.
III. Minimum Qualifications/Requirements:
? High School diploma, GED, or equivalent required.
? Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
? PHR or SPHR designation preferred.
? Entry to four (4) years of relevant human resources generalist experience. Manufacturing setting experience preferred.
? Minimum of two (2) years of experience in supporting HR functions in an automotive manufacturing setting preferred.
? Previous experience in creating presentations and delivering to large groups.
? Working knowledge of state and federal employment and labor statutes and regulations including ADA, FLSA, HIPAA, FMLA, NLRA, Title VII, etc.
? Working knowledge of human resources policies, programs, and procedures in an industrial or manufacturing environment.
? Strong attention to detail.
? Solid math skills required.
? Strong leadership and people skills.
? Strong customer service orientation.
? Show and maintain professionalism.
? Highly motivated, ambitious self starter.
? Ability to work in a fast-paced, multicultural work environment.
? Develop team member relations centered on trust and teamwork.
? Ability to work with multiple departments and prioritize activities.
? Ability to create reports, business correspondence, and procedures.
? Ability to exercise exceptional independent judgment and discretion.
? Ability to maintain on call flexibility to control abnormal conditions.
? Perceptive person, who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels.
? Ability to communicate and work well with all levels of the organization.
? Ability to take initiative on assigned tasks without significant supervision.
? Ability to be adaptable and flexible in a constantly changing environment.
? Be able to maintain the confidentiality of any information s/he encounters.
? Excellent project skills and ability to coordinate multiple projects and programs.
HR Specialist – Plant Page 4
? Excellent planning, scheduling, collaboration, communication, and interpersonal skills.
? Ability to compile effective and concise visual reports in charts, graphs, and table format.
? Must be able to work a fixed or rotating shift schedule, including daily or weekend overtime.
? Must be able to multi-task, handle diversity, and provide leadership through problem resolution.
? Demonstrates a personality that works in cooperation with other departments towards building a sense of company teamwork.
? Strong administrative, analytical, and organizational skills to be able to coordinate human resource activities and functions.
? As unique situations present themselves, the incumbent must be sensitive to Toyota Boshoku America’s (TBA) needs, team member goodwill, and the public image.
? Thorough understanding and working knowledge of TBA’s organization, automotive plants and processes/principles, company products, trade terminology, and manufacturing processes is a plus.
? Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
? Solid working knowledge of, and experience with, word processing, spreadsheet, electronic mail, database, desktop publishing, and presentation applications and/or software, preferably Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes.
? Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Powerpoint preferred.
? Experience working with HRIS and other business enterprise systems. Oracle and Kronos experience preferred.
IV. Work Environment/Conditions:
Office: Open Office Environment, moderate noise level.
Plant: Standard automotive plant environment with moderate noise level. PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) such as safety glasses, steel toe shoes, hearing protection, etc. may be required in engineering, manufacturing, or industrial areas. Personal attire standards may apply.
Travel: Must be willing to travel 0-10% of the time.
V. Physical Demands:
Ability to sit and work on a computer for extensive periods of time is required. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to talk, see, and hear. The team member must be capable of walking, sitting, and standing for extended periods of time and is occasionally required to lift up to 30 pounds.
Disclaimer: This job description is intended to identify the general nature and level of work performed by team members within this classification, as well as certain essential job functions. It is not intended, and should not be interpreted, as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of team members assigned to this job. To qualify for this job, however, a team member must be able to perform its essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Under no circumstances may this job description be construed as altering the at-will nature of the employment relationship between TBA and any team member.
Toyota Boshoku America is an equal opportunity employer and considers applications for all positions without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a posted position, please email us at TBA.Careers@Toyota-Boshoku.com.