Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resource Generalist
at Timbers Resorts
The following Principal Duties are the essential functions for the HR Generalist role. Successful job applicants will be able to perform these essential functions with or without a requested reasonable accommodation.
- Take an active role in understanding the business and employee issues company-wide.
- Protects Company's value by keeping information confidential with a strong sense of integrity.
- Provide main point of HR contact for all employees
- Sources, screens, and evaluate candidate applications/resumes for qualifications
- Prepare offer letters and completes employee on-boarding
- Conducts orientation sessions and explains benefits enrollment for new employees
- Assists management with HR policy adherence, disciplinary actions and documentation
- Conducts investigations regarding HR policy violations and appeals
- Ensures up-to-date maintenance of employee records in accordance with legal requirements and corporate policies
- Manages recruiting for corporate employees including posting, phone screening, interview schedules and background checks
- Keeps up-to-date with any changes in related legislation
- Additional duties and responsibilities as needed
- Maintain personnel files
- Manages recruitment and staffing efforts,
- posting of approved open positions on applicable websites and other media/advertisements as necessary;
- sourcing, screening and presentation of competitive candidates to hiring managers, including coordination of interview scheduling;
- develop external recruiting relationships (workforce centers, property management organizations, universities, career centers, other hospitality organizations) to foster and grow recruiting efforts;
- preparation of employment offers;
- processing, review and approval of post-offer screening (i.e. background checks, drug screening, etc.)
- support on-boarding of successful candidates.
- Provide overall leadership and guidance by overseeing:
- talent acquisition,
- career development,
- succession planning,
- training and leadership development,
- compensation and benefits.
- Supports/coordinates training efforts in partnership with Learning & Development initiatives, company initiatives, changes in procedures, etc.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization with management in order to be an effective listener and problem solver of people issues.
- Establish and implement HR efforts that effectively communicate and support One Steamboat Place’s ”absolutely” vision and strategic vision
- Foster teamwork, creativity, and innovation to drive operational improvements and efficiencies.
- Must be familiar with payroll and employee database systems.
- Strong knowledge of compensation design and planning principles, including executive compensation and benefits programs.
- Develop HR plans and strategies to support the achievement of the overall business objectives.
- Manages the risk management function.
- Conducts investigations of accidents, and suggests preventive solutions.
- Reviews and recommends changes in the safety program as the need is identified.
- Performs safety inspections, and prepares reports.
- Process all claim filings from start to closure.
- Requests additional information, where necessary, for completion of claim processing.
2 - 5 years’ experience in HR dealing with recruiting, payroll, employee relations, progressive discipline, and benefits administration. PHR or SPHR certification preferred. It is not required to speak multiple languages, but a definite plus.