The Wonderful Company LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Wonderful Company LLC
You may know us as FIJI Water, POM Wonderful, Justin Wine, Teleflora and Halos Citrus, but were all Wonderful - and we have a great opportunity for a Payroll Specialist in our LA Corporate office. If you have experience with payroll processing for thousands of employees, more than 25 multi-state entities, weekly, bi-weekly and monthly administration, then The Wonderful Companys corporate accounting department needs you.
The Wonderful Payroll World
- Perform timely and accurate preparation of payroll for the company via the payroll system for more than 27 pay groups; ensuring 3,500+ employees are paid timely, accurately and in compliance with state laws and company policies
- Balance payroll runs and ensure all compliance reports are prepared and fully reconciled. Run weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly reports for multiple business units and multiple departments
- Prepare, review and organize payroll documents for input for biweekly time sheets, bonuses payments and commissions
- Set up, process and verify off-cycle check, bonuses, voids, reissues, state withholding (SIT), state unemployment insurance (SUI) accounts for new states. Additionally, set up Local Service Tax (LST) and Local Earned Income Tax (LEIT) accounts
- Oversee 401K administration that includes balancing, funding, change verifications, term true-up, year-end true up, post year-end true up and process 5500 audit.
- Complete tax forms for Canada (i.e., T2200s and TP-64s) and manage Expat administration.
- Research on inquires for payroll, accounting and HR questions and reply to employees, HR and management in a professional and timely manner
- Perform and complete Quarterly and Year-End duties and for accurate reporting
- Make recommendations to the payroll manager and team to help strengthen departmental controls, processes and systems
- Maintain the highest standards of accuracy, precision, discretion, and confidentiality
- Be a good teammate - commit to the successful achievement of team and organizational goals through a desire to participate with and help other members of the team
The Wonderful Perks
· Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental, and 401k with match eligibility.
· Subsidized gym membership (e.g., Gym Pass, 24 Hour, Icon Fit)
· Free virtual yoga and meditation classes and other wellness-focused activities
· Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
· Free tobacco cessation programs
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Skill / Requirements
The Wonderful You
- 3-5+ years Payroll experience in a multi-national company, primarily in the U.S. and Canada, with a diverse exempt and non-exempt employee population
- Solid usage of ADP Vantage Payroll and Ultimate (UltiPro) Software
- Proficient in Excel (Pivot Tables and VLOOKUP) and Microsoft Office Suite
- Understanding of state, federal and international payroll and payroll tax laws
- Ability to work independently with strong time management and organization skills, ensuring all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely every payroll cycle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required to facilitate clear and concise communication with a high level of professionalism
- Demonstrated focus on listening to and understanding internal customers
- Proven capability to execute with a sense of urgency, accuracy and partnership
This role will be working in our LA Corporate office due to the nature of the role.