The Salvation Army National Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Salvation Army National Corporation
- Job ID
- Social Services
- Compensation Min
- USD $12.00/Hr.
- Compensation Max
- USD $12.00/Hr.
- Regular Part-Time
Position: Employment Specialist
Department/Location: Pottstown Works, Pottstown, PA
Availability of Position: March 1, 2020
Schedule: 15 hours /week with the possibility of evening and weekends
Reporting Relationship: Pottstown Works Director
Salary and Grade: $12.00 per hour; 75 Non-exempt
Pottstown Works is a program of The Salvation Army that seeks to combat poverty and boost economic development in the Pottstown community. The program matches job seekers and employers, while addressing the barriers to work in a personal and compassionate way that fosters sustainable employment and long-term resiliency.
The Pottstown Works Employment Specialist will assist the Director in managing the employer recruitment process and relationships with both employers and members of the Pottstown Works job readiness program who are seeking employment or are in the first year at a job. The goals of the position are twofold: mentor the program member toward achieving 12+ months of employment and assist employers with satisfying goal of reduced turnover and increased economic development. The Employment Specialist will also assist program members in identifying goals and the means of meeting those goals toward achieving advancement and self-sufficiency.
- Associate or Bachelor Degree in Social Work/Communications / Business / Education (or related field), or 3 years of progressive work experience in social work, communications, business or education.
- Self-starter and have exceptional interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills
- As a Mandated Reporter, must provide proof of having completed training on recognizing and reporting child abuse meeting the training standards of PA Act 153 of 2014 within 30 days of employment with recurrent training required every three years thereafter.
- Meets the Child Protection Clearances required by PA Act 153 to include PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA State Police Criminal Record Check and FBI Criminal Record Check.
- Understand and appreciation the Mission of The Salvation Army.
Contact: Please send, e-mail or fax your resume and a cover letter to:
The Salvation Army
P.O. Box 378
Pottstown, PA 19464
Or external candidates interested in this position can apply online at http://careers.salvationarmy.org.
Internal candidates interested in applying for this position can apply at http://internal-usesalvationarmy.icims.com.
No Phone Calls Please.
Released by the Divisional Human Resources Department on February 11, 2020
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Salvation Army’s Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God.
Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ
and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Requisition No. 1285