The Mom Project
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Interim Payroll Manager
at The Mom Project
A large Social Service Non-Profit organization in the Loop hiring for an interim Payroll Manager who has professional experience leading teams and has extensively worked with Workforce Now ADP. Looking for someone to start in the Downtown, Chicago office immediately!
The Interim Payroll Manager performs all activities necessary to process one or more payrolls, including maintaining related records, filing tax reports and voluntary deduction reports, processing involuntary deductions such as levies and garnishments, preparing accounting transactions and documents, documenting and updating procedures, and preparing special reports management. Processes and maintains confidential employee records. This position manages the day to day relationship with ADP and has accountability for maintaining a proper control environment to ensure that only authorized employees are paid.
Skill / Requirements
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Ensures timely, accurate and confidential payroll processing in accordance with company-established business operating procedures, external regulations, payroll policies, vendor processing requirements and internal department support.
* Processes payroll through electronic HRIS/Payroll systems, time input, adjustments, processing and distribution of payroll.
* Processes wage verifications, garnishments, child support payments etc.
* Balances and controls earnings and deduction totals, checks and audits timekeeping records for compliance with established standards
* Enters, verifies and updates payroll allocations for accurate cost accounting required for each business unit.
* Enters and updates employee information into the payroll system, posting changes in pay and tax status, and miscellaneous changes.
* Inspects automated system output such as registers and standard reports. Determines and corrects out-of-balance conditions
* Completes special projects and assists with Payroll related audits
* Reviews tax reports, gathering payroll data for inclusion in financial statements,
* Responsible for establishing all required tax documents and company identifiers in each state client has employees;
* Coordinates and communicate changes in taxes, unemployment, workers compensation and other payroll related filings to appropriate departments;
* Investigates, analyzes and resolves employee issues in a timely manner, related to payroll processing.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelors degree and five -seven years of recent hands-on payroll processing experience.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations: Certified Payroll Professional or similar designation highly desirable.
Must have good leadership experience.