The Institutes of Applied Human Dynamics, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Institutes of Applied Human Dynamics, Inc.
Administer bi-weekly payroll, including garnishments, benefits and taxes for approximately 750 employees, consistent with federal and state wage laws
Supervises 1 Payroll specialist in carrying out responsibility for payroll preparation/production in the payroll department
Ensure the processing of new hires, transfers, promotions and terminations are accurate and timely
Critically review and analyze payroll, benefits and tax procedures
Maintain employee payroll files including W4 forms, timesheets etc.
Liaise between Human Resources and Finance to ensure constant communication of pertinent employee information, accuracy of payroll records, maintain security procedures designed to ensure the confidentiality of all payroll-related information
Prepare payroll-related documentation and audit preliminary payroll run prior to final processing.
Respond to all inquiries for payroll information timely
Prepare relevant management reports, including weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.)
Provide support in researching and resolving Paycom payroll processing exceptions; perform scheduled activities, recommend solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements
Propose improvements, solutions and/or variations from established policies
Create, maintain and support a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools. Assist in development of standard reports for ongoing user needs. Help maintain data integrity in Paycom payroll systems by running queries and analyzing data
Develop user procedures, guidelines and documentation
Train new managers on processes and functionality of the Kronos system
Ensure Kronos systems are set-up and updated to reflect our current employee base, including, sick vacation and personal time.
Support all internal and external audits related to payroll and provide all required audit schedules
Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential
Skill / Requirements
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, or related field, or equivalent relevant experience is preferred
- Certified Payroll Professional strongly preferred with Paycom and Kronos software experience
- 5+ years of progressive experience with an enterprise
- Proficient at MS Office (especially Excel)
- Demonstrated excellence in customer relations and building partnerships
- Demonstrated ability in prioritizing multiple projects
- Knowledge of related federal / state / local laws and regulations
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot problems and create methodology to address problems efficiently while under pressure
- Experience servicing multiple sites
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in a supervisory role