The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
TRAINING SPECIALIST (TX)
at The Geo Group
Facility: CONTINUUM OF CARE
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position coordinates and conducts evidenced-based rehabilitation program training to GEO staff in GEO facilities including US Corrections and Detention facilities, Residential Reentry Centers and Day Reporting Centers. Such training could include Core Correctional Practices, specific group curriculum such as MRT, T4C, Cognitive Behavioral Intervention for Substance Abuse, etc., and individual CBT counseling sessions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Implements, administers and conducts evidenced-based rehabilitation program training to GEO staff in GEO facilities including US Corrections and Detention facilities, Residential Reentry Centers and Day Reporting Centers. Conducts core curriculum training for new and existing employees, advanced job-related training and internal certification processes for all GEO program staff.
- Maintains database for all training information and records, including training logs and tracking system for internal certification process. Provides training participants with appropriate certificates. Provides management with data regarding training delivery.
- Arranges meeting space, equipment and materials for training sessions.
- Conducts training needs assessments for US Corrections and GEO Care divisions.
- Provides feedback to management regarding training effectiveness. Assists with the development of new courses and curriculum as requested by management.
- Trains internal trainers to ensure quality, consistent and appropriate delivery of training modules.
- Assists with the designs and development of new training curricula, including training presentations, videos, webinars, activities, workbooks, quizzes and other support materials.
- Assists with the evaluation of training materials in response to manager requests, audit reviews, contract changes to ensure that training materials are aligned with Evidence Based Practices and support contractual obligations.
- May be assigned special projects as needed to support new Company initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in Criminal Justice, Education or related field required. Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice, Education or related field preferred.
- Four (4) years of previous training experience including course development and project management.
- Two (2) years of evidence-based program experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of and experience in the criminal justice community corrections setting.
- Basic knowledge of learning management systems, and e-learning course development.
- General knowledge of Company products, software and hardware.
- Excellent public speaking and facilitation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to provide leadership and handle negativity in a training situation.
- Initiative, flexibility and change management skills.
- Knowledge of adult learning processes.
- Project management skills preferred.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Ability to use computers and the necessary software applications used by the department.