The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
TRAINING SPECIALIST, EM
at The Geo Group
Facility: ANDERSON - Monitoring Center
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Develops, conducts and coordinates training on Company electronic monitoring (EM) products and host applications for internal staff and external customers. Schedules and conducts training on Company EM products and host applications to Re-Entry and Supervision Services (RSS) and Intensive Supervision Appearance Program (ISAP) staff.
Hours for this position are M-F 2:00 pm - 10:30 pm with one weekend per month required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops, conducts and coordinates electronic monitoring training on new and existing Company products and host applications for Monitoring Services Specialists’ certification programs.
- Schedules and delivers on-site, off-site and on-line training for external customers on new and existing Company products and host applications.
- Maintains EM training calendar for all scheduled internal staff and external customer training classes.
- Responds to calls from customers, Monitoring Services Specialists and Monitoring Customer Services Representatives to provide first level troubleshooting on equipment issues and customer calls.
- Develops training materials for internal and external training on new products and software as needed. Updates existing training modules as needed. Reviews and updates Monitoring Services Specialist certification programs as needed.
- Maintains employee training logs and files, creates and distributes training certificates, and sends and grades product and host application tests.
- Schedules and delivers training on Company electronic monitoring products and host applications to RSS and ISAP employees, and other internal staff as necessary.
- Reviews Monitoring Services Specialists’ calls and alarm processing; provides results to the Quality Department and works with Monitoring Operations management to schedule refresher training as needed.
- Assists product and software development departments with testing of new products and applications.
- Is cross-trained in the RSS and ISAP training modules in order to provide training support to those business units.
- Is assigned special projects as necessary to support new company initiatives.
- No supervisory responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- In-depth knowledge of Company products, software and hardware.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Work and Excel.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Conflict resolution.
- Ability to provide leadership and handle negativity in a training situation.
- Initiative, flexibility and change management skills.
- Knowledge of adult learning processes.
- Project management skills preferred.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) abilities preferred.
- Basic knowledge of the criminal justice system, social work practices or psychology preferred.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain a Favorable Suitability Determination from the Department of Homeland Security.
Education or Formal Training:
- High School Diploma required.
- Associates Degree in Criminal Justice, Adult Education or related field preferred.
- Monitoring Technical Support Specialist or RSS/ISAP New Employee Training certification preferred.
- Completion of BI Training Track preferred.
- LSI-R, Group Facilitation and/or Moral Reconation Therapy certification preferred.
- At least two years experience working in Monitoring Operations or at an RSS or ISAP field office preferred.
- Typical office environment.
- 10 to 15% travel required, including local travel by car.
- Some non-business hours, including weekends and holidays, are required.
- The work environment and physical demands described below are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Use of standard office equipment such as copier, computer, keyboard, telephone and fax machine.
- Clear vision at 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more, the ability to identify and distinguish colors and to adjust focus is required in order to read and decipher codes on Company software applications, and relate to students in classroom situations.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and reach with hands and arms is required in order to set up equipment and materials for training classes.
- Some lifting of up to 50 pounds is required in order to set up equipment and materials for training classes.