The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: COLUMBIANA COUNTY JAIL
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under the specific direction of the Training Director, the incumbent is charged with the responsibility of assisting with staff training and associated duties.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Inventory control of uniforms, supplies etc.
- Maintain employee training files and schedules; ensure that they are current and complete per facility policy.
- Purchasing supplies and uniforms, creating purchase orders, and checking in shipments.
- Organizes office operations and procedures for efficient flow of work within the training department as well as the integration of interdepartmental workflow and outside demands.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relations with a wide spectrum of employees.
- Performs clerical and administrative duties as assigned.
- Composes and types general correspondence and maintains appropriate logs as required.
- Makes appointments and opens mail and distributes to appropriate personnel.
- Assist in the maintenance of facility training library.
- Track in service training for all departments
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School graduate or G.E.D.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in a responsible, administrative secretarial position, or equivalent in education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Organizational ability.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to deal tactfully and cordially with a variety of people from different intellectual levels and cultural backgrounds.
- Punctual, professional in appearance, and possess a positive mental attitude.