The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: J3S3H664105QWCC9JNC
Categories: Administrative/Clerical, Education - ALL, Human Resources - Training & Development, Human Resources - ALL CATEGORIES, Education - Training
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- The Training Coordinator is responsible for scheduling, facilitating, and auditing all internal employee training, as well as coordinating training of volunteers, vendors and visitors not employed at the facility. Training is mostly classroom based, and includes additional online learning and physical demonstration.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedules and conducts training for all internal and external staff to complete on an annual basis.
- Documents training hours, obtain appropriate signatures, and collect transcripts and certificates and organize in training files.
- Monitors training files, presenter evaluations, and current curriculum annually according to Customer standards with the Learning and Development Manager and Director of Programs.
- Provides engaging new employee (pre-service) training, and enlists various support staff for position specific training.
- Conducts interviews as directed.
- Coordinate speakers and subject matter experts from the facility and approved external vendors to assist in conducting new employee, annual in-service, visitation and working relationship training. Facilitate training on short notice in the event of a change in facilitator availability.
- Monitors all on the job training (OJT) to ensure completion and appropriateness.
- Assists with policy development and review as needed.
- Ensures all employee annual training is completed on time.
- Provides updated reports of employee training status.
- Ensures all training standards meet or exceed the compliance standards according to the contractual needs of the facility and in conjunction with compliance standards as set forth by the Wyoming Department of Corrections, United Stated Parole Office, and the American Correctional Association (hereby referred to as the Customer). May be asked to attend committee meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Training and Development or related field preferred.
- Three (3) years relevant work experience in a correctional or related field required. Prior work experience in training design, development and implementation of institution training programs desired.
- Must be able to work with all personnel within the facility. Must be able to effectively partner with external customers are necessary.
- Above average verbal and written communication skills. Proven experience in conducting presentations in front of groups preferred.
- Certification as training instructor from a national governing board such as the National Institute of Corrections Training for Trainers/Design & Development within 180 days of appointment to position.
- Must meet or exceed all standards and qualifications required by client agency for training personnel.
- Required to be current with all policies and regulations affecting the facility.
- Must be able to use computer and the software application packages used by the facility
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!