The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: REEVES COUNTY DETENTION III
Compensation Base: $15.37 per hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under general supervision, coordinates the facility's training program by identifying appropriate personnel for training, ensuring presenters are available when scheduled, and assisting in any additional needs that may be required during training assignments. This position also ensures that all training records are maintained in an accurate and thorough manner. This position may also present training information that is of a standard or routine nature. Assists in preparing and updating training materials.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates the delivery of pre-service, in-service and on-the-job training for new and existing employees. May present standard and routine training topics on an as needed basis.
- Maintains schedules of training programs throughout the year. Posts training programs within the facility.
- Coordinates the delivery of training topics by identifying appropriate personnel to present material and ensuring that attendees are properly scheduled to attend. Ensures effective flow of presentations during training sessions.
- Coordinates the scheduling of personnel when they need to attend training programs. Maintains training records on personnel attendance. May complete necessary information to ensure the facility’s compliance requirements. Verifies that all employees’ certifications are current. Advises employees of recertification deadlines and works with employees to ensure certification remains current to client agency requirements.
- Coordinates or provides facility orientation for volunteers and contractors.
- Maintains all training files for the facility.
- May assist management in identifying facility training needs and the developing an annual training plan.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Training and Development or related field preferred.
- Three (3) years relevant work experience in a correctional or related field required. Prior work experience in training design, development and implementation of institution training programs desired.
- Must be able to work with all personnel within the facility. Must be able to effectively partner with external customers are necessary.
- Above average verbal and written communication skills. Proven experience in conducting presentations in front of groups preferred.
- Certification as training instructor from a national governing board such as the National Institute of Corrections Training for Trainers/Design & Development within 180 days of appointment to position.
- Must meet or exceed all standards and qualifications required by client agency for training personnel.
- Required to be current with all policies and regulations affecting the facility.
- Must be able to use computer and the software application packages used by the facility.