The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
TRAINING COMPLIANCE MANAGER
at The Geo Group
Facility: ARIZONA STATE PRISON - FLORENCE WEST
Compensation Base: 39,752.00
Compensation Bonus (if applicable): 0.00
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position serves as the facility’s subject matter expert on all training matter. Develops, maintains, and revises all assessment instruments to ensure that the facility is maintaining its compliance to organizational, contracting client, or other outside party’s rules, regulations, and guidelines. Maintains class schedules, instructor qualifications, and ongoing training needs. Recommends process improvements as necessary. Solely accountable for ensuring that all rules, regulations, and guidelines related to training are communicated to all impacted areas throughout the facility. May be assigned to projects that may impact the region or organization. This position is also responsible for the instruction of Correctional Officer training Academies (COTA)
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews and assesses all functional areas within the facility to ensure compliance with organization, contracting client, or outside party. Documents reviews through formalized reports with assessment of the areas and recommendations for improvement.
- Develops effective instruments to determine whether departments are in compliance with training needs.
- Meets and works with supervisors to determine a plan for training requirements to be consistently met.
- Serves as the facility’s subject matter expert in the area of interpreting the training criteria based on organization, contracting client, or outside party requirements.
- Ensures that review and revision the facility’s policies and procedures are in compliance with organizational, contracting clients, or outside party’s guidelines.
- Regularly instructs training classes, including COTA classes.
- Maintains all database and paper documentation on all training programs and requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field along with three (3) year experience in a corrections, law enforcement or related capacity. Experience needs to demonstrate an understanding for the facility’s operations while being able to compare them to organizational, contracting client, and other outside party’s training policies and guidelines. (A high school diploma or GED with five (5) years of progressive experience in corrections, law enforcement or related fields may be substituted based on management’s discretion.)
- Must meet all requirements to become a COTA instructor, including having worked an Arizona Department of Corrections Security Post in the last 2 years.
- Above average verbal and written communication. Must be able to make presentations to employees at all levels of the facility. Must be able to write cohesive and comprehensive documentation.
- May be required to travel up to 20% of the time
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
- Must maintain an Arizona State Drivers License