The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: Blackwater River Correctional and Rehabilitation Facility
Compensation Base: $41,200.00/Annually
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Responsible for the planning, organization, implementation, coordination, and evaluation of internal and external training programs for staff designed to achieve specific contract and organizational learning objectives through classroom, practical application, and supervised on-the-job training program. Some curriculum development may be required to meet the needs of the client.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies facility training needs and develops an annual training plan. Designs, develops, and/or acquires training programs to be implemented within the facility which complies with specific contract and/or organizational training programs and have proven positive results.
- Supports immediate and long range facility and organizational goals and objectives by investigating and evaluating existing training programs and developing or acquiring new programs and ensuring their successful implementation. Recommends new training programs and provides quantitative support for them.
- Investigates available training methods and procedures to determine the most effective manner in which to conduct programs.
- Works directly with management in the development of new employee orientation, pre-service, on-the job, in-service specialized, contractor and volunteer training. Must have the ability and skills to design and develop curriculum's and lesson plans. Seeks to update and improve training materials and delivery.
- Administers programs by coordinating and instructing (or obtaining the instruction) for all training courses for correctional and non-correctional personnel to include contractors and volunteers. Constantly interacts with employees in the direct application of training materials. Required to be current with all policies, regulations, updates and alterations that require incorporation into training courses.
- Provides or facilitates unit orientation classes for volunteers, contractors or other personnel who are not employees of the facility.
- Manages the work flow and identifies and trains part-time/resource trainers to provide supplemental or support instruction.
- Documents employee training hours, reviews training records of security and non-security staff inclusive of contractors, volunteers, administrative staff, support staff and specialist employees. Verifies that all certifications are current. Advises employees of recertification
- deadlines, working with employees to ensure certification remains current to client agency requirements.
- May maintain, or oversee the maintenance of, training records and monitors the progress and performance of those involved in the training programs. Ensures that all employees, volunteers and contractors attend training sessions based on contractual and/or organizational policies.
- May manage the work of other employees. This may include selection, hiring, evaluating job performance, employee training/development, promoting and any disciplinary action, including termination.
- May supervise and evaluate the performance of trainees, part time/resource trainers and Field Training Officers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required. Bachelor’s degree in training, organizational development, communication, related field highly desired.
- Five (5) years progressive work experience in the field of corrections or law enforcement required including a minimum of one (1) year of correctional facility experience to provide effective training implementation and administration. Five (5) years of comparable professional training experience can be substituted for corrections or law enforcement requirement.
- Certification as training instructor from a national or state recognized organization such as the National Institute of Corrections within 180 days of appointment to the position.
- Must meet or exceed all standards and qualifications required by contracting agency for Training Officers.
- Ability to act in a supervisory capacity and maintain close contact with all aspects of the training program and personnel. Must be able to motivate employees to strive for professionalism in the work place.
- Must possess above average written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to develop written training lesson plans and proposals and verbally present them to diverse audience.
- Must be able to use computer and the software application packages used by the facility.