The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: EASTERN REGIONAL OFFICE
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position recruits, researches, interviews, and fills corporate job openings and maintains all of national job postings. The position also handles relocation and temporary housing for new hires and transferring employees throughout the organization.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts searches for local corporate openings using computer databases, networking, internet recruiting resources, cold calls, media, recruiting firms, employee referrals, career fairs and advertising.
- Contacts applicants to inform them of employment opportunities, hiring locations, company benefits, and other job related information.
- Schedules interviews and provides travel arrangements as necessary.
- Conducts applicant interviews to obtain information on work history, training, education, and job skills, and negotiate various compensation options.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with hiring managers and facility human resources staff to stay abreast of their current and future recruiting needs.
- Trains and corresponds with field human resources staff on recruiting best practices, career site postings, and applicant tracking.
- Advises managers and employees on staffing policies and procedures.
- Posts all corporate and field positions on internet career sites.
- Extends employment offers and completes appropriate paperwork assigning them to positions.
- Conducts reference and background checks on applicants.
- Maintains employment records with regards to OFCCP regulations.
- Handles relocation and temporary housing agreements for all company candidates and acts as a liaison between candidates and relocation companies.
- Handles all recruiting and relocation invoices.
- Processes re-hire paperwork. Ensures that all forms are completed accurately and thoroughly. Researches problems and reconciles accordingly.
- Maintains job posting files and related documents.
- Assists department with all recruiting and retention projects.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field, five (5) years of general human resources work experience with a minimum of three (3) years in recruiting. (A combination of education and work experience may be taken into consideration based on management’s discretion).
- Flexibility and availability to travel of a periodic basis.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
- Good presentation skills and be a self starter who can work independently.
- Good working knowledge and familiarity with Human Resources concepts, practices, procedures and basic employment laws required.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Logic and reasoning skills to identify problems, solutions or conclusions, and consider cost and benefits of actions.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department including an HRIS System.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.