The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Prep Cook - Food Service Worker Full Time with Benefits
at The Geo Group
Facility: ARAPAHOE COUNTY RESIDENTIAL (ACRC)
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under general supervision, prepares large quantities of a variety of food including meats, fish, poultry, gravies, cereals, soups, vegetables and other foods. Uses various methods of cooking and seasoning and adheres to proper preparations methods. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Programs and services currently offered at the Arapahoe County Residential Center include, individual assessments, case management services, substance abuse programming, mental health services, educational services, vocational services, and family services. ACRC provides a specialized program called ARCHES (Achieving Recovery, Changing Habits to Empower and Succeed) that provides intensive mental health and substance abuse programming. ARCHES is conducted both onsite at the center and offsite
Our food services team works a 6 AM to 5 PM schedule, that includes three days of 11 hours and one half day, totaling 40 hours per week.
This position is benefits eligible and accrues PTO. Wages are $15.00 per hour.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Cooks food as directed in the operational menu plan for the facility food service operation. Ensures recipes are extended to the facility population requirements. Maintains accurate production records.
- Directs work, provides training and performs inspections of work performed by detainee food service staff.
- Conducts orientation and training programs for staff employees.
- Responsible for preparation scheduling and the quality assurance of all foods and supplies.
- Responsible for placing orders for food and supplies as assigned by management. Checks in deliveries and takes inventory of food and supplies as required.
- Ensures the sanitation and safety program is actively practiced in all areas of the department.
- Assists management in maintaining a high-level of good client relations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Relevant technical training courses in food service preparation and cooking preferred.
- Prior cooking and correctional food service training preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year prior experience in commercial or restaurant food preparation. Experience obtained military, or institutional setting, preferred.
- Must be able to communicate to all personnel the minimum production/service requirements of the job.