The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Compiles payroll data to complete payroll cycles and maintain payroll records.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Compiles payroll data (20%) such as hours worked, time tracking, taxes, insurance, and garnishments to be withheld, and employee identification number, from time sheets and other records.
- Reviews wages computed and corrects errors to ensure accuracy of payroll.
- Records changes affecting net wages such as exemptions, insurance coverage, and loan payments for each employee to update master payroll records.
- Prorates expenses to be debited or credited to each department for cost accounting records.
- Prepares periodic reports of earnings, taxes, and deductions.
- Keeps records of leave pay and nontaxable wages.
- Prepares and issues paychecks.
- Process purchasing requests, cut Purchase Orders, maintain records, and generate reports; maintain revenue data (80%).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED certificate.
- Two (2) years of progressive experience in a payroll and/or purchasing and revenue capacity. Working knowledge of payroll, purchasing, and revenue procedures; general clerical aptitude.
- Above average organizational and communication skills. Ability to understand and carry out moderately complex oral and written instructions; to make minor decisions in accordance with rules and regulations as they apply to work problems; to maintain company records; and to meet and deal effectively with employees and inmates. Must be able to deal with people in a variety of changing and complex situations.
- Ability to prepare basic written reports.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Equal Opportunity Employer