The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
MGR, HUMAN RESOURCES
at The Geo Group
Facility: Lea County Correctional Facility
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position focuses on serving the needs, concerns and objectives of both managers and our employees through building effective partnerships and by creating trust and mutual respect. It leads the administration and implementation of Human Resources (HR) policies, programs and practices throughout the facility and acts as the liaison between the facility management and Regional/Corporate HR.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as an advisor to the Facility Administrator and facility management on Human Resources issues.
- Supports local recruiting and outreach efforts in coordination with the centralized recruiting team to meet or exceed monthly and annual recruiting targets in the most efficient and effective manner possible. Ensures a positive candidate and hiring manager experience. Prepares and maintains personnel records and ensures compliance to procedures for controlling personnel transactions and reporting personnel data. Administers and tracks employee developmental training.
- Assists, coaches and provides guidance for progressive discipline, standards of employee conduct and employee terminations.
- Supports reporting serious staff misconduct to the Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR).
- Engages employees and acts as a conduit to provide facility management, Regional HR and Corporate HR insight into employee concerns.
- Responsible for employee onboarding to include data entry into the HR Information system and new employee orientation. Ensures that data entered is accurate and employees have a thorough understanding of Company policies and procedures, to include the information included in the employee handbook.
- Responsible for maintaining records of insurance coverage, retirement plans, and personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, terminations, and other related personnel and payroll issues.
- Serves as EEO specialist and maintains affirmative action plan.
- Serves as subject matter expert for leaves of absences, FMLA and ADA issues.
- Ensures compliance with Company policies and procedures and develops a thorough understanding of Corporate HR policies and procedures.
- Reviews facility personnel procedures to ensure that they are applicable, effective, and comply with contract requirements, local, state and federal law, and Company policies, procedures.
- Resolves employee personnel inquiries and submits necessary inputs, changes, additions and deletions into the HR Information System for correction. Refers unusual or unresolved problems to Regional HR for further action.
- May manage an assigned human resources staff and perform the duties typically associated with a management level position including hiring, training, and employee development.
- Coordinates grievance and disciplinary hearings and activities.
- Coordinates benefit programs, annual enrollment, and employee wellness program at facility..
- Monitors unemployment claims, assists with appeals and may attend hearings as the Human Resources representative.
- Partners with facility management to ensure the performance appraisal program is compliant and effective.
- Provides guidance on compensation, bonuses and other recognition programs.
- Monitors and coordinates workers’ compensation claims and may compile information to file workers’ compensation claims for employees and for the insurance carrier.
- Provides necessary referral support for the Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma with a minimum of seven (7) years of progressive professional experience in Human Resources; or a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Human Resources or related field with five (5) years of experience working in a Human Resources position.
- Three (3) years supervisory experience preferred.
- Must exhibit leadership qualities to gain the respect of all employees and be able to display confidence when interacting with people at all levels of management.
- Must have the ability and desire to work in a cooperative manner and to make management decisions.
- Experience working with an HR Information System required.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality at all times due to the handling of sensitive and confidential information.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Must have proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Windows, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and other computer programs and software normally used by HR.