The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
JOB DEVELOPER - EMPLOYMENT SPECIALIST
at The Geo Group
Facility: RS CDCR ORANGE COUNTY CA
Compensation Base: $22.00 Per Hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Utilizes computer lab and standard education classes to provide instruction, resources and referrals for educational advancement. Learns, uses and models principles of the “What Works” system through evidence-based practices in all interactions with participants and other staff members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts individual education assessments and creates treatment plans for each referred participant using principles of the “What Works” system.
- Assess parolee participants to determine employment, training and CTE needs.
- Provide employment services including resume writing, mock interviews, time management, how to get along with others in a work environment, and how to follow instructions.
- Assist participants in locating and securing employment or CTE training.
- Documents participants’ progress in Company database.
- Establishes and oversees computer learning lab for GED preparation and remedial education.
- Provides participants with referrals services for undergraduate and graduate studies.
- Facilitates psycho-educational/behavior modification groups on a weekly basis. Documents client progress in Company database.
- Manages small caseload of Reentry participants using principles of the “What Works’ system. Conducts risk/need assessments and creates individual treatment plans for each assigned participant. Provides case management services as required.
- Documents all participant contact in Company database.
- Assists other Reentry Center staff with general operations to meet the needs of the program.
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree from a granting institution accredited by the WASC or equivalent and a minimum of one (1) year of experience as a Job Developer or similar position; or shall possess a high school diploma, or its equivalent, and a minimum of four (4) years of experience as a Job Developer or similar position.
- Knowledge of current management techniques
- Familiar with the correctional system and current correctional policies
- Ability to conduct individual counseling sessions and facilitate small groups, and interface with outside agencies
- Ability to write clear concise reports in English using correct grammar;
- Must be able to react quickly and appropriately in an emergency situation
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred, but not mandatory
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER