The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
JOB DEVELOPER - EMPLOYMENT SPECIALIST
at The Geo Group
Facility: RS DAUPHIN COUNTY PA DRC
Compensation Base: $15.25 Per Hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Job Developer position utilizes computer lab and standard education classes to provide instruction, resources and referrals for educational advancement. Learns, uses and models principles of the “What Works” system through evidence-based practices in all interactions with participants and other staff members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts individual education assessments and creates treatment plans for each referred participant using principles of the “What Works” system.
- Assess parolee participants to determine employment, training and CTE needs.
- Provide employment services including resume writing, mock interviews, time management, how to get along with others in a work environment, and how to follow instructions.
- Assist participants in locating and securing employment or CTE training.
- Documents participants’ progress in Company database.
- Establishes and oversees computer learning lab for GED preparation and remedial education.
- Provides participants with referrals services for undergraduate and graduate studies.
- Facilitates psycho-educational/behavior modification groups on a weekly basis. Documents client progress in Company database.
- Manages small caseload of Reentry participants using principles of the “What Works’ system. Conducts risk/need assessments and creates individual treatment plans for each assigned participant. Provides case management services as required.
- Documents all participant contact in Company database.
- Assists other Reentry Center staff with general operations to meet the needs of the program.
- The Job Developer position shall possess a high school diploma and a minimum of two (2) years’ experience as a Job Developer or similar position.
- The Job Developer shall have a basic knowledge of how to mentor the client in disclosing appropriate information regarding past convictions and/or parole status to the employer.
- The Job Developer shall have a basic knowledge of the expungement process, the benefits of completing the process, and/or the ability to provide information or a referral on how to expunge a criminal record, or obtain a Certification of Rehabilitation.
- Effective communication skills with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Networking skills.
- Good presentation, public speaking and facilitation skills.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Solid computer skills and proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.