The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: CONTRA COSTA DRC, CA
Compensation Base: $19.00 Per Hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is responsible for utilizing computer labs and standard educational classes to provide instruction, resources and referrals for educational and employment advancement. Provides quality oversight for assigned supervision and/or rehabilitation program functions provided to clients. Learns, uses and models principles of the “What Works” system through evidence-based practices in all interactions with clients and other staff members.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts individual education assessments and creates treatment plans for each referred participant using principles of the “What Works” system.
- Assess parolee to determine training and Career Technical Education (CTE) needs;
- Assist in formulating plans to achieve occupational goals and refer parolees to appropriate employers, training and educational facilities or other community agencies and organizations;
- Provide counseling to assist parolees in analyzing and evaluating their skills and aptitudes for employability;
- Provide information on occupational opportunities, job requirements, training and rehabilitation resources;
- Provide employment services including resumé writing, mock interviews, time management, how to get along with others in a work environment, and how to follow instructions;
- Assist parolee with assembling documents as necessary to legally work within California (e.g. California ID, Social Security Card, etc.);
- Identify the benefits of completing the criminal record expungement process; Provide information or a referral on how to expunge a criminal record, and obtain a Certificate of Rehabilitation;
- Mentor the parolee in disclosing appropriate information regarding past convictions and/or parole status to the employer;
- Assist parolee in locating and securing employment, college enrollment or CTE training;
- Work with parolee once they have been employed to address issues that may arise after job placement;
- Obtain verification of parolee employment; and
- Identify and establish a working relationship with local area employers to assist with the recruitment of parolees.
- Assists other Reentry Center staff with general operations to meet the needs of the program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree from a granting institution accredited by the WASC or equivalent and a minimum of one (1) year of experience as a Job Developer or similar position; or shall possess a high school diploma, or its equivalent, and a minimum of four (4) years of experience as a Job Developer or similar position.
- Knowledge of current management techniques
- Familiar with the correctional system and current correctional policies
- Ability to conduct individual counseling sessions and facilitate small groups, and interface with outside agencies
- Ability to write clear concise reports in English using correct grammar;
- Must be able to react quickly and appropriately in an emergency situation Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred, but not mandatory
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.