The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HR SPECIALIST SR REENTRY
at The Geo Group
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Provides advanced HR administrative and technical support to Division’s facilities which includes recruitment, employment, personnel records, employee relations, regulatory reporting requirements and other areas as needed. This confidential position will support a Division’s operations. In addition, it processes employee information and maintains employee records on HRIS system. Creates unique reports for various human resources compliance requirements and ensures the data integrity within the system by assisting with system maintenance and audits.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as a senior informational resource to all levels of staff in interpreting and administering HR programs, policies, rules, regulations, procedures, and HRIS systems.
- Advises and train all field Office Support Specialist and HR Specialist in the field on the performance of their HR functions.
- Serves as the lead HR professional and primary resource to resolve salary, payroll, benefits and HRIS tactical HR problems for field operations.
- Processes new hire and re-hire paperwork for facilities without onsite HR support.
- Maintains job posting files and related documents, applicant files, scheduling interviews, pre-screening resumes and candidates prior to sending to corporate hiring managers for consideration, and the administrative processing of job offers.
- Assists in tracking regulatory reporting requirements, including responses to charges and requests for information from governmental agencies. Maintains all files and records relating to charges and associated These documents may be computer-based and physical.
- Using standard or new queries, prepares and disseminates reports relating to, but not limited to, benefit costs, staffing levels, applicant tracking, Affirmative Action/EEO, absenteeism, turnover and compensation. Develops and designs special ad-hoc special reports as requested.
- Continually performs audits of HRIS data to ensure its integrity. Works with facilities throughout the organization to transmit and correct data problems. Maintains data error reports to track problems. May develop general training for facilities to help improve data integrity.
- Assists in processing employee information and maintaining employee records on HRIS system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree in Human Resources or Business Management required, or equivalent combination of education and work experience. Bachelor’s degree and PHR or SPHR Certification preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience in a corporate setting with a minimum of two years experience in human resources or payroll.
- Proficiency with HRIS, strong analytical skills and the demonstrated ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Experience utilizing Infinium is highly desirable.
- Good working knowledge and familiarity with Human Resources concepts, practices, procedures and basic employment laws required.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Focused on quality and accuracy and possess a high degree of initiative.
- High degree of interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization, understands user needs, and offer suggestions to improve their requests.
- Must be able to handle highly sensitive data with the greatest degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.