The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HOUSING SUPERVISOR-SER-12 HR
at The Geo Group
Facility: GRACEVILLE CORRECTIONAL FACILITY
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Responsible for all security and control related functions during duty shift per management instructions. Seeks to provide maximum facility coordination in prisoner supervision and safety.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises all security functions during shift as assigned by management.
- Supervises the feeding of inmates/detainees during meal time.
- Makes routine inspections of all security equipment, doors, gates, fences, lighting systems, and other facility equipment as needed.
- Assists staff with unit counts.
- Reviews reports written by officers during shift and ensures these reports are submitted as required.
- Assures that officers receive on-the-job training and safety training as required.
- Inspects or directs work to inspection of perimeter to test alarm systems, detect safety hazards and to ensure safety rules are posted and enforced.
- Assists officers and staff with unruly inmates and other assignments as required. Investigates and reports causes of inmate/detainee disturbances.
- Responds to major unusual occurrences as trained. Facilitates prompt and appropriate assistance to detainees/inmates in the event of injury, illness or emotional trauma.
- Directs work, provides training and performs inspections of work performed by inmate/ detainee workers. Assures that inmate/detainee workers under security supervision receive safety training.
- Provides management with input into decisions concerning employee performance ratings, disciplinary actions, and job assignments.
- Promotes an atmosphere conducive to personality and character development of detainees/ inmates and staff through the encouragement of favorable behavior patterns, arrangement of physical facilities, and influencing relationships among detainees/inmates.
- Assists in review of staff effectiveness by conducting frequent physical inspections of the facility to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Must meet the requirements of being a Correctional Officer.
- One (1) year of experience working in a correctional setting required.
- Must be flexible, intellectually alert, able to command the respect and confidence of detainees/inmates and staff, possess a working knowledge of correctional laws, applicable court orders and possess a high tolerance to mental stress.
- Must have a proven work history with sound abilities to write communications, documents, policy, court room defenses, contract negotiations, and other required written correspondence.
- Must be able to understand and carry out moderately complex oral and written instructions.
- Ability to coordinate staffing requirements for security supervisors and officers.
- Must have completed an approved training program resulting in a certificate of satisfactory completion. Ability to obtain certification for training such as CPR, First Aid and firearms.
- U.S. citizen.