The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Employment Development Liaison - Job Developer
at The Geo Group
Facility: CDCR PLACEMENT REGION 2
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position supports a network of job development and pre-employment services within the Program Area and is familiar with pre-employment services, transitional work opportunities and long-term job opportunities within the Program Area. This position has basic knowledge of the expungement process,
the benefits of completing the process, and/or the ability to provide information or a referral on how to expunge a criminal record, or obtain a Certificate of Rehabilitation.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates and monitors job development services taking place at CBP facilities within the Program Area.
- Provides support for CBP Job Developers.
- Develops a network of prospective employers (e.g., trade associations, labor unions, etc.) within the Program Area that will work with participants.
- Liaison with DAPO and DRP on employment related policy issues.
- Collects and maintains employment data for the Program Area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years of experience as a Job Developer or Employment Specialist or in a similar position.
- Must understand a variety of models including cognitive behavioral therapy and criminogenic risk factors.
- Ability to recognize the importance of family, social networks, and community systems in the treatment and recovery process.
- Ability to know and comply with program documentation requirements, applicable ethical and professional standards of conduct.
- Ability to provide services appropriate to the personal and cultural identity and language of the participant.
- Ability to tailor program services to the participant's stage of dependence, change, or recovery.
- Ability to appropriately use strategies from accepted and culturally models with participants with substance use and other criminogenic risk factors
- Ability to establish rapport with Participants, including management of crisis situation and determination of need for additional professional assistance.
- Ability to facilitate the participant's engagement in the treatment and recovery process.
- Must possess the skills necessary to implement the employment plan, consult as a member of a multi-disciplinary team, and assess ongoing planning efficacy.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
- Valid driver's license.