The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
COMPLIANCE OFFICER, BOP
at The Geo Group
Compensation Base: $15.00
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Conducts institutional disciplinary hearings and imposes appropriate sanctions for resident misconduct incidents following pre-established rules and guidelines. Prepares reports with recommendations to the Unit Disciplinary Committee (UDC) or facility management. In addition, performs correctional duties.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts disciplinary hearings on acts of misconduct referred by the DOC/BOP or facility management.
- Conducts administrative fact-finding hearings including acts which could result in criminal charges.
- Reviews disciplinary reports; makes decisions regarding witnesses; takes and records testimonies; obtains, reviews, and evaluates evidence; determines whether submitted evidence supports allegations of misconduct.
- Follows pre-established rules and guidelines to impose disciplinary sanctions.
- Composes written reports of findings.
- Assists in training institution staff in matters of inmate discipline
- Conducts other due process hearings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent certification required.
- One to three (1 - 3) years of experience specific to the department in which the position functions are preferred.
- Ability to analyze data and information and prepare professional reports from same.
- Specialized training and certification in the review and analysis of administrative rules, court procedures and decisions, quasi-criminal procedures and conduct of hearings.
- Specific knowledge and experience in the following disciplines are preferred:
? Custody and supervision of inmates.
? Correctional emergency procedures.
? Inmate disciplinary procedures.
? Incident reporting.
NOTE: Job descriptions are not intended to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job, but are intended to accurately reflect principal job elements.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.