The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CLINICAL DIRECTOR, BOP-10 HR
at The Geo Group
Facility: ABRAXAS ACADEMY
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families. We offer a wide array of services to include life skills, mental health services, cognitive behavioral therapy, family counseling, drug and alcohol treatment, case management services, recreational activities as well as vocational and educational services. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you. Help change lives at Abraxas Youth and Family Services.
This position is responsible for developing, reviewing, directing, and evaluating the clinical treatment program and the routine daily programmatic activities.
- Contributes to the development of projects, budget preparation, and policies and procedures for the facility.
- Develops and oversees facility operational policies and procedures in accordance with appropriate standards, rule, and regulations, to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Plans, organizes, and directs the programmatic activities and operations for the facility.
- Assists the Facility Director in developing and implementing goals for the facility.
- Supervises, assists with hiring, and evaluates staff performance; develops measurable objectives for necessary improvements and implements appropriate corrective action to staff adhering to human resources policies and utilizing Human Resources when necessary.
- Coordinates interfacing of clinical services with educational, medical, community services, family services, and the training department.
- Prepares appropriate reports and correspondence of all treatment services in a timely manner to ensure regulatory compliance and in accordance with applicable standards of care.
- Confers with appropriate outside referral agencies decision makers such as judges, probation officers, police, social service agencies, and community groups to assist with interpreting the facility goals and objectives and developing cooperative working relationships.
- Acts as a liaison with the management team and regulatory officials in the absence of the Facility Director.
- Assesses and monitors service resource utilization and assists with performance improvement process.
- Ensures that programming and services are appropriate to meet the needs of the clients of the facility.
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skills.
The following educational requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
- Master’s degree in behavioral or social science field and three years progressively responsible experience in residential and non-residential facility of which one year experience must be in a supervisory or managerial level; OR
- Bachelor’s degree in behavioral or social science field and five years progressively responsible experience in residential and non-residential facility of which three years must be in a supervisory or managerial level.
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver's license from employee’s state of residence.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department