Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Human Resources
at Affordable Solar
About Affordable Solar: Started in an Airstream trailer in 1998, Affordable Solars roots trace back to a passion for renewable energy, strong community, and having fun. With $52 million in revenue and 100+ employees, Affordable Solar has outgrown the Airstream, but remains committed to the principles on which the company was founded. Were making the world a better place by developing the energy resources of the future. Every solar system we install is complemented with our dedication to teamwork, integrity and outstanding customer service. Apply today to find out more about why we love our work in New Mexico.
Responsible for strategic and tactical, in conjunction with HR Coordinator, Human Resources (HR) related activities covering the following areas: employment, training, employee relations, compensation & benefits, and policy/procedure administration.
The person who joins our team will be instrumental in maintaining the supportive, curious and growing culture of Affordable Solar. A dedication to doing the right thing no matter what, treating everyone around you with respect and a belief in the mission of providing the highest quality renewable energy solutions will be critical for success in this role.
· Employment: Performs employment activities, assuring that properly qualified employees are recruited and hired for company positions. Posts open positions; receives/reviews applications; conducts initial telephone and in-person interviews of job applicants; refers qualified candidates to hiring manager. Ensures pre-employment tests (e.g., background and drug/alcohol) are completed for certain positions. Conducts new employee orientation; maintains personnel files.
· Training: Identifies areas within the company where supervisory/management development and compliance training are needed. Independently develops and conducts training or secures outside resources to provide training. Coordinates State apprenticeship program requirements. Develops internal apprenticeship program based on State requirements.
· Employee Relations: Assists supervisors/managers as needed with performance management (e.g., performance reviews, disciplinary actions) and with terminations. Conducts exit processing of terminating employees. Coaches supervisors/managers and employees in resolving employee relations issues.
· Compensation & Benefits: Assists supervisors/managers in defining appropriate Job Descriptions. Advises managers regarding competitive pay practices that attract and retain talent. Administers employee benefits programs, including but not limited to enrollment in group insurance plans, answering claims questions, and coordinating open enrollment and COBRA notifications.
· Policies and Handbook: Through interaction with senior management, establishes (creates, recommends and administers) HR related policies and procedures that support Affordable Solars culture and demonstrate best industry practice. Interprets/communicates with managers/employees regarding Employee Manual content.
· Employment Law: Ensures that company HR policies and practices comply with applicable provisions of federal and state labor laws.
· Other: Performs other related duties as requested or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Strong communication (verbal and written), including ability to speak confidently before senior management and the entire company
· Balances the need for structure and the need for agility in an entrepreneurial environment
· Ability to interface effectively with management, employees, and applicants for employment
· Ability to exercise sound judgment, high trust level, and maintain confidential information
· Creative thinker who brings grounded HR expertise and perspective
· Strong Word and Excel skills required; ability to learn/adapt to new platforms such as Sharepoint, CMIC, and iSolved required.
· Bachelors Degree in HR management (or equivalent) preferred
· 5+ years hands-on HR generalist and management experience, preferably in an entrepreneurial or construction environment
· Experience managing direct reports (may have 1-2 direct reports)
<![endif]--> Normal0falsefalsefalseEN-USJAX-NONE<![endif]--><![endif]--> <![endif]-->
· SHRM-SCP or SPHR certification a plus
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org