Tempe Union High School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Generalist - Lead
at Tempe Union High School District
Job Reference #: 2332
Openings as of 6/3/2020
- Human Resources Generalist - Lead JobID: 2332
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
07/01/2020 Human Resources Generalist - Lead
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Executive Director for Human Resources
The lead human resource generalist is responsible for performing Human Resource related duties on a professional level. This position works closely with the Executive Director for Human Resources and the Human Resources Manager. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee relations, training, performance management, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
To view the appropriate job description, please select this link:
• Maintains the highest level of confidentiality and exercises discretion and good judgment at all times.
• Works closely with the Human Resources Specialist – Classified staff.
• Coordinates the student intern/teacher placement for spring and fall.
• Verifies and calculates FTE formula for stipend payment of Department Leaders, Department Chairs and CTE Leads.
• Acts as liaison with IT staff to assist with obtaining Stake Holders IDs for Synergy System.
• Acts as the Appropriately Certified Teacher Liaison for the District between the sites and the ADE and prepares necessary reports.
• Reports Teacher/Principal evaluation statistics to ADE annually prior to deadline.
• Monitors and communicates certified staff certification changes timely.
• Tracks key names at ADE for certification and develops relationship with those key figures.
• Responsible for data cleanup and submission of the SDER report annually ensuring submission by deadline.
• Coordinates fingerprint clearance checks and indicates any problems with the appropriate personnel.
• Coordinates Human Resources Records Retention in conjunction with the Arizona State Library Retention Schedules.
• Creates and coordinates District job descriptions ensuring the most accurate job description is displayed on the Tempe Union website.
• Coordinates and implements Safe Schools compliance videos annually. Tracks outcome and communicates delinquency to administrators/supervisors.
• Coordinates the IPIP tracking and submission of employment payments to payroll timely annually.
• Participates in IVEE rollover each year.
• Works with Business Services to coordinate staffing allocations for the new school year.
• Assists with recruitment processes including advertising, job postings and attends designated recruitment fairs.
• Assists with the monitoring of the annual budget making suggestions of necessary purchases and capital expenditures.
• Recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
• Coordinates meetings with the Executive Director for Human Resources with applicants who have issues on background checks or issues discovered through onboarding.
• Maintenance and creation of forms.
• Works closely as a liaison with the Payroll department to resolve employee issues.
• Assists with ensuring compliance with all Arizona state and federal employment rules, regulations and laws.
• Prepares and analyzes reports that are necessary to carry out the functions of the department and District.
• Acts as a consultant in areas of expertise for external inquiries as well as administrators and District staff.
• Develops and maintains files of correspondence, records, and other documents; maintains control files for matters in progress.
• Assists with addressing compensation placement for new and transferring employees using related work history and best practices.
Assists with the maintenance of up-to-date personnel files.
• Assists in the preparation of the final Governing Board agenda items.
• Answers correspondence pertaining to personnel issues independently.
• Arranges committee meetings, recording and preparing minutes of the committee as requested.
• Transcribes investigative interviews and meetings as requested.
• Participates in development of departmental goals, objectives and systems. Assists to establish departmental measurements that support the accomplishment of the organizational strategic goals.
• Perform any and all other duties as assigned.
Training and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or similar program of study.
• Five to ten years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources positions.
• Three to five years experience in Human Resources at a public school district preferred.
• Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning and development, employee relations, safety, training and preventative labor relations preferred.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Hourly Position
Placement: Grade G
Applicant Instructions: Please complete the online Classified application found at www.tempeunion.org "" link
|An Equal Opportunity Employer: Tempe Union High School District is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any individual on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, gender, marital status, religion, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, or socioeconomic status. Inquiries concerning Title VI, Title VII, Title IX may be referred to the Director of Student Affairs and District Safety, and Section 504 may be referred to the Section 504 Coordinator, 500 West Guadalupe Road, Tempe Arizona 85283-3599, (480) 839-0292. In accordance with Arizona law and Governing Board Policy, Tempe Union High School District is a smoke-free, tobacco-free work environment.|
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!