Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
With net sales of more than €2.8 billion, approximately 13,000 employees, 34 industrial sites, operating in more than 100 countries worldwide, we are a world leader in flooring and sport surfaces, committed to designing solutions to make a positive impact on people and the planet.
By joining us, you will be part of an international culture where you can expand your horizons, change the game and design the future of society. And where collaboration, our values, creativity, commitment and caring underpin our success.
The Payroll Manager is responsible for maintaining and processing weekly and semi-monthly payrolls for Tarkett North America while managing day-to-day payroll operations. In this role, you will work in collaboration with the HR and Finance organizations, and act as the primary relationship manager for payroll and HRIS systems. The Payroll Manager acts as a resource and trusted business partner while ensuring timely and accurate payroll processing deadlines are met and internal guidelines are followed.
• Reviews, analyze and verify payroll for accuracy and make necessary adjustments or corrections through journal entries or other established procedures.
• Research, analyze and resolve difficult or technical problems utilizing knowledge of common problems and the entire payroll function.
• Coordinates and interacts with federal and state agencies on issues pertaining to employee compensation and deductions.
• Work with Ulti-Pro to ensure data is accurate and is imported timely into the payroll system to ensure employee earnings and deduction amounts are correct.
• Act in a Project Manager capacity for all payroll and HRIS upgrades or new implementations
• Prepare payroll reports as needed for ad-hoc purposes and corresponding general ledger input.
• Administer information flow and employee data in Ulti-Pro. Identifies, troubleshoots and resolves issues as appropriate.
• Maintains current employee records and information in all systems. Performs periodic audits to ensure information is accurate and follows operating guidelines.
• Provides day-to-day guidance and direction to other members of the payroll function.
• Maintain weekly reporting requirements and provide to leadership on a regular basis.
• Ensures response to third party requests for information (i.e. UI/employment verification, etc.)are met.
• Ensure systems and controls are setup accurately within ADP to ensure compliance with local, state and federal guidelines.
• Work closely with Human Resources and Finance teams on all payroll related issues.
• Provide recommendations for process improvement
• Perform other duties and or special projects as necessary
• Audit W-4's, payroll balance sheets, YTD earnings, etc.
• Oversee all payroll tax activities, including compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, or equivalent combination of education and experience with particular emphasis on the managing a payroll function in medium to large sized organizations
• Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification is highly desirable
• 7-10 years of direct payroll processing experience which includes at 3-4 years' experience being directly responsible for the payroll function within an organization
• Previous experience in managing and directing a small staff is highly desirable
• Experience processing multi-state, multi-location payrolls and multi-frequency payrolls
• Recent, demonstrated proficiency and experience using Ulti-Pro is preferred
• Proven ability to display a high level of focus and orientation in providing exceptional internal client service and an unrelenting focus on service excellence
• Demonstrated experience in working through payroll critical situations while maintaining the appropriate level of professionalism and communication
• Responds appropriately during times of increased workload and tight deadlines; communicates effectively during payroll critical situations
• Adept at managing conflict and able to identify and apply problem resolution skills to minimize any impact on meeting payroll deliverables
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and be detailed oriented with respect to ensuring deadlines are met without creating any negative impact to internal clients or causing late or special processing charges to be assessed by payroll vendors
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written is required