Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
VP, Portfolio Risk Manager - QVC and Zulily
Assume ownership of full life cycle credit risk management for QVC & Zulily portfolios. Provide Credit Risk Management reporting and analysis for assigned portfolios with primary accountability for identifying and managing consumer credit risk, across all components of the cardholder life-cycle through data gathering and analytics. Support and interact with the QVC & Zulily client teams, and with key contacts throughout Synchrony.
- Work closely with retail clients to minimize both Synchrony Financials’ and the retailer’s risk, while continuing to grow the portfolio
- Work effectively cross-functionally to drive smart growth and client satisfaction delivering safety and soundness in the portfolio
- Prepare and present client facing and leadership team presentations to facilitate informed decisions
- Be a leader in driving enhanced strategies, using champion/challenger leanings to manage credit and fraud risk
- Provide analytics and input for deal and promotional pricing activities
- Coordinate multisite/country resources to ensure delivery and accuracy of monthly MIS and reporting needs to meet internal and external requirements
- Coordinate planning cycle with client teams to ensure consistency in business plans
- Responsible for providing clear guidance to the organization on risk appetite and prudent growth
- Maintain effective and credible challenge of critical decisions and business processes
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years in a consumer and/or commercial Credit/Risk, Finance, or Analytics role; or in lieu of a bachelor's degree, 12+ years in a consumer and/or commercial Credit/Risk, Finance or Analytics role.
- 3+ years experience using SAS/SQL or other related analytic tools
- Ability to accurately condense large amounts of information and present in a simple, cogent manner to senior level management and clients.
- Strong analytical skills, highly comfortable working in a quantitative environment.
- Experience operating as part of a cross functional team.
- Use of advanced technical & analytical competencies in driving effective strategic goals.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with consumer lending products and practices.
- Advanced experience with SAS/SQL or other related analytic tools.
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a "consistently meets expectations" performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 100,000.00 - 200,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.
Job Family Group:Risk Management
With roots in consumer finance that trace back to 1932, Synchrony Financial is a leader in consumer credit and promotional financing, providing a range of products for a diverse group of national and regional retailers; including Main Street mainstays, local merchants, manufacturers, buying groups, industry associations and healthcare service providers. We are the largest provider of private label credit cards in the United States based on purchase volume and receivables and we provide co-branded dual card credit cards, promotional financing and installment lending, loyalty programs and FDIC-insured savings products through Synchrony Bank. Who do we serve? Hundreds of thousands of customers across the U.S. and Canada spanning the electronics and appliances, home furnishings, automotive, power products and sports, jewelry and luxury, retail and healthcare industries.
Our purpose is clear: we are committed to pioneering the future of financing, improving the success of every business we serve and the quality of each life we touch. This is fitting because when you join Synchrony Financial, you’re joining an organization that recognizes that our people are our greatest asset -every single one of them. That’s why we are deeply committed to investing in the growth of each member of our team. And with 80 years of experience, we know how to develop talent. At Synchrony Financial, we work hard to offer competitive rewards, compensation and benefits. When you join us, you become part of a stimulating work environment with vast opportunities to sharpen your skills and embrace new leadership challenges.