Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Benefits Data Analyst
Job Profile Summary
The Senior Benefits Data Analyst will ensure financial stability and compliance of benefits plan through plan design, analyzing claims costs, and enrollment.
· Works with AVP of Benefits to update and maintain online benefits enrollment system to ensure data accuracy, monitors and audits benefit enrollment data in HRIS, including dependent eligibility and provides regular reporting on benefits enrollment.
· Assists with HR process flow analysis, current process documentation, development and implementation to ensure efficient process flow for all benefits transactions and data.
· Creates and implements testing strategy and develops testing scripts for open enrollment as well as other projects, suggests patches and fixes to the current system setup.
· Oversees assigned benefit related projects, engaging internal and external resources to ensure timely completion.
· Develops and manages project requests and project request list.
· Works with vendors and acts as liaison between employees and insurance carriers to resolve benefits issues or discrepancies associated with SWBCs health plans.
· Ensures eligible full-time and part-time employee enrollment for benefits by tracking hours for measurement and stability periods.
· Coordinate and initiate actions required to activate various benefits programs for employees and maintain records reflecting employee participation in benefits programs.
· Monitor, analyze and research utilization experience and trends on benefit programs including, but not limited to; utilization patterns, cost trends, and comparative studies; identify and investigate abnormal patterns; report unusual activity to supervisor; Work with Employee Benefits Consultant and Accounting to compile information and prepare operational and financial reports and analyses.
· Participates on Benefits Committee to review or update plans; evaluate proposals, potential vendors and elements of plan design; make recommendations internally.
· Provides guidance and support to Benefits Specialists to resolve deduction irregularities for Accounting.
· Provides detailed benefit information to all employees concerning the various benefits and the requirements for participation in these programs.
· Oversees annual open enrollment and works with Marketing to develop benefits communications.
· Stays current on applicable employment laws, regulations, and benefit plan design trends.
· Conducts new hire orientation (onsite and webinars).
Skill / Requirements
· Must have Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Management or related field.
· Must have at least four (4) years of HRIS, benefits administration with a self-funded plan, or related experience
· Must have extensive knowledge of Section 125 plans.
· Must have strong software skills to include, but not limited to HRIS systems and reporting.
· Workday experience preferred.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel. Excel experience should include creating and manipulating pivot tables, vlookups and data connections at a minimum.
· Must have in depth knowledge of Federal and State benefit laws pertaining to benefits including COBRA, FMLA, ADA, and HIPAA.
· Must have strong organizational, time-management, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
· Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Must have experience working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
· Must have high quality customer service skills.
· Must have the ability to focus on details and demonstrate accuracy.
· Must be a self-starter, able to work independently, exercise sound judgement and discretion, and multi-task while meeting deadlines under sometimes-stressful conditions while maintaining professionalism and enthusiasm.