Super King Markets
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Coordinator
at Super King Markets
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- $13.50 - $17.00 DOE
- Full Time
Human Resources Coordinator
Under the direction of Manager of Human Resources, the HR Coordinator provides administrative support for general HR operations and is responsible for providing secretarial, clerical and administrative support.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works safely at all times and follows all established safety guidelines and procedures.
- Preparing and posting job advertisements, screening applications, and arranging interviews.
- Providing general administrative support such as preparing correspondence, forms and reports, arranging meetings, composing regular correspondence, processing confidential reports and documents.
- Preparing documentation needed for new hires, or effective changes in pay, status, or benefits.
- Conducting research, gathering data and statistical reports, and maintaining statistical information.
- Maintaining employee file records up-to-date by handling changes in employee status in timely manner.
- Log, report and monitor workers compensation claims including CAL OSHA 300 Report.
- Conducts benefits enrollment for new employees.
- Reviews/Verifies I-9 documentation and maintains books current.
- Schedules meetings and interviews as requested by HR Management.
- Makes photocopies, faxes documents and performs other clerical functions.
- Files papers and documents into appropriate employee files.
- Acts as a receptionist when needed
- Prepares new and terminated employee files.
- Conducts new employee orientations as required; conducts reference checks and communicates with the appropriate hiring manager upon completion.
- Maintains Human Resource Information System records and compiles reports from database as needed.
- Assist with miscellaneous employee matters and employee inquiries regarding company policies, procedures and programs.
- Assist with renewal of Insurance Benefits and other benefits related tasks
- Opening and sorting department mail.
- Processing, Employment Verifications, and Records Requests
- Performs other duties as requested or required by management.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this position, the employee must occasionally exert or lift up to 50 pounds carrying bulk containers of flour, sugar, lard and other materials and frequently lift moderate amounts of weight. Employee must ask another employee for assistance when lifting anything over 50 pounds.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Minimum of 3 years of prior HR assistant or coordinator experience required
- Strong customer service and creative problem solving experience
- General computer knowledge and experience required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; Outlook and Word preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly professional in communication and attire
- Willing and Able to travel between locations
- Able to work alone and in a team environment
- Able to remain calm and professional during stressful situations
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and be flexible with changing business needs in a team environment
- A Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related fields
- HR certificate preferred
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Fraudulent email or phone messages referred to as "phishing" are becoming more common. These types of emails point to invalid hyperlinks that are revealed when you hold your cursor over them. These links may contain malware, which could harm your computer. Other fraudulent emails or phone calls may request financial information from you.
By using company trademarks, colors, logos, mail systems and legal disclaimers these "phishing" emails can look very real. Individuals have used these techniques in order to fool many applicants. You can usually spot these emails because they may say they are "processing" your employment application or are interested in interviewing you for a specific position. They may request financial information or your bank account information.These are not Super King Market communications. Should you receive any of these emails, do not click on the links provided.
Instead, delete the email. If you've already clicked on a link, run a virus scan immediately.
Please note that Super King Market does not request personal information, financial information, account numbers, bank account numbers in an unsolicited manner through an email request or over the phone. If you have any questions, please contact us at https://superkingmarkets.com/pages/contact-us.