Perform the full range of recordkeeping and payroll processing activities, including computing wage and overtime payments, calculating and recording payroll deductions, processing termination's and issuing paychecks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Process weekly and semi-monthly payrolls.
• Audit timekeeping records prepared by supervisors and managers.
• Compute gross pay based on union contract, employee handbook and FLSA laws.
• Review wages computed and corrects errors to ensure accuracy of the payroll.
• Review tax changes, record payroll deductions (voluntary and involuntary) and process terminations.
• Balance/import the payroll data.
• Prepare check requests; United Way, UPAF, & union dues.
• Prepare general ledger entries.
• Explain and answer questions related to payroll.
• Maintain payroll files as well as other recordkeeping duties.
• Reconciles employee contributions through payroll.
• Prepare files for annual Sarbanes Oxley and external payroll audit.
• Other duties as assigned.
Associates Degree in Accounting preferred.
• At least 1-2 years experience in an accounting area, payroll preferred.
• Ceridian experience preferred.
• Strong math skills / analytical skills.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Computer literate - AS400 preferred, MS Excel and MS Word skills required.
• Previous payroll experience preferred.
• Accounting background helpful.
• Previous experience working with and handling confidential information.
• Payroll in union environment preferred.
• Ability to work in a team and collaborative environment
STRATTEC SECURITY CORPORATION is an equal opportunity employer and practices affirmative action to recruit, hire, train, upgrade, transfer and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.