Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Revenue Operations Trainer
at Steward Health Care System
The Revenue Cycle Trainer serves as a departmental subject matter expert in order to provide training and mentoring
resources for Revenue Operations staff and leadership.
- Independently manage and monitor daily work related to resolution of third-party payer accounts receivable follow-up, billing, and re-billing and favorable resolution of denials and underpayments;
- Provide subject matter expertise regarding specific payors to revenue cycle associates and others throughout the CBO in accounts receivable follow-up, billing, denials and/or underpayments;
- Assist in supervising the daily operations of a payor or other operational team;
- Assist in the evaluation and recommendations of programs, procedures for improved operations, and modifications to and/or implementation of new procedures;
- Identify and work with management to resolve problems in CBO processes and, when appropriate, initiate changes to prevent future problems;
- Assist in establishing long and short term unit goals and objectives to support department and corporate strategic plan;
- Provide ongoing development and training for new AR, billing, and customer service revenue cycle associates;
- Work with the Help Desk/IT on any technical issues related to departmental operations;
- Maintain strict confidentiality and adhere to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations;
- Provide customer service and troubleshoot AR, billing, and customer service issues;
- Assist clinical departments with daily reconciliation of charges;
- Conduct training sessions on the applications with specific Steward workflows;
- Maintain professional competency, according to department policies, procedures and protocols;
- Maintain a repository of knowledge required to train new revenue cycle associates including manuals, tip sheets and other materials; and
- Other tasks as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated ability to supervise teams or groups of colleagues;
- Experience with patient accounting systems, billing/claim submission software required;
- Possess ability to investigate and analyze and, in coordination with management, resolve departmental issues;
- Possess ability to work efficiently and accurately, and to organize and plan work;
- Possess flexibility and adaptability to work additional hours and to work under stress;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and communicate clearly with customers both within and outside of Steward;
- Highly detail oriented and well organized with the ability to multitask;
- Must be willing to travel 60-75% of the time anywhere within the United States to conduct new customer training.
- Education: Associate degree required.
- Experience: At least 2 years’ experience in hospital billing with specific payor(s) subject matter expertise.
- Software/Hardware: Cerner and MS Office required; XClaims preferred.
- Other: MA Based Position that will primarily be remote, however, some travel to the hospitals may be required.