Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Revenue Operations Trainer
at Steward Health Care System
• Independently manage and monitor daily work related to resolution of third-party payer accounts receivable follow-up, billing, and re-billing and favorable resolution of denials and underpayments
• Provide subject matter expertise regarding specific payors to revenue cycle associates and others throughout the CBO in accounts receivable follow-up, billing, denials and/or underpayments
• Assist in supervising the daily operations of a payor or other operational team
• Assist in the evaluation and recommendations of programs, procedures for improved operations, and modifications to and/or implementation of new procedures
• Identify and work with management to resolve problems in CBO processes and, when appropriate, initiate changes to prevent future problems
• Assist in establishing long and short term unit goals and objectives to support department and corporate strategic plan
• Provide ongoing development and training for new AR, billing, and customer service revenue cycle associates
• Work with the Help Desk/IT on any technical issues related to departmental operations
• Maintain strict confidentiality and adhere to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations
• Provide customer service and troubleshoot AR, billing, and customer service issues
• Assist clinical departments with daily reconciliation of charges
• Conduct training sessions on the applications with specific Steward workflows
• Maintain professional competency, according to department policies, procedures and protocols
• Maintain a repository of knowledge required to train new revenue cycle associates including manuals, tip sheets and other materials
• Other tasks as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Demonstrated ability to supervise teams or groups of colleagues
• Experience with patient accounting systems, billing/claim submission software required
• Possess ability to investigate and analyze and, in coordination with management, resolve departmental issues
• Possess ability to work efficiently and accurately, and to organize and plan work
• Possess flexibility and adaptability to work additional hours and to work under stress
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and communicate clearly with customers both within and outside of Steward
• Highly detail oriented and well organized with the ability to multitask
• Must be willing to travel 60-75% of the time anywhere within the United States to conduct new customer training
Education: Associate's degree required.
Experience (Type & Length): At least 2 years' experience in hospital billing with specific payor(s) subject matter expertise.
Software/Hardware: Meditech and MS Office required; XClaims preferred.